Default Portland to Cape Cod

Little help please; sailing Portland, Maine to P Town, to Cape Cod. If you
have done this trip, experiences? What ports? Any tricks, money saving
tips. Good ports of call? What not to do, where not to go.

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 13:29:24 GMT, "Yellow Man"
wrote:

Little help please; sailing Portland, Maine to P Town, to Cape Cod. If you
have done this trip, experiences? What ports? Any tricks, money saving
tips. Good ports of call? What not to do, where not to go.

Where on Cape Cod is your final destination?

How many miles a day are you prepared to do?

Some possible stopping points are Kennebunkport, ME; Isles of Shoals;
Rockport or Gloucster, MA.

Except for Rockport you can generally find a place to anchor out.

Wayne...
No set destination. Would like to get to P Town though.

Very conservative trip. Just daytime sailing, get in early.

Kennebunkport is very expensive, I've heard.

I will check out Gloucester though.

Probably go Portland to Cape Porpoise, then to Portsmouth?

Then to Cape Ann?

As of this writing .. no crew.

The final destination? Just figured, make it to Provincetown and figure out
from there.

Think .. solo sailor.. and easy landfall .. and inexpensive ..

Thanks

wrote:

Little help please; sailing Portland, Maine to P Town, to Cape Cod. If
you
have done this trip, experiences? What ports? Any tricks, money saving
tips. Good ports of call? What not to do, where not to go.

Where on Cape Cod is your final destination?

How many miles a day are you prepared to do?

Some possible stopping points are Kennebunkport, ME; Isles of Shoals;
Rockport or Gloucster, MA.

Except for Rockport you can generally find a place to anchor out.

"Yellow Man" wrote

(something)

Tom,

I can't believe you were in Portland and didn't give me a call

Now, how did I know it was you when I saw that new alias, even before
looking at the header?

You should really have a crew for that trip. Pick up a copy of "Points
East" and look in the back.

--
Roger Long

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 12:28:09 -0400, "Roger Long"
wrote:

"Yellow Man" wrote

(something)

Tom,

Oh jeez, here we go again. Good catch Roger.

Please excuse me for trying to give resonable information to
reasonable people.

My bad.

"Roger Long" wrote in news:469a4b23$0$8990
:

You should really have a crew for that trip. Pick up a copy of "Points
East" and look in the back.

--
Roger Long

You know....We could all fly up and help ol Tom bring her down more safely.
We don't eat much, but do like our beers, but that's much cheaper than
"professional crew" in a magazine.

How many berths do you have, Tom, so we can plan on how many to take? We
have quite a few good techs, engine, electronics, electrical, sanitation,
so we'll have her all fixed up by the time we get there. You'll be amazed
how nice she'll look when we leave her all ship shape and squeaky clean,
too.

How many sailors at your marina could brag at the bar that they had Roger
Long, of Titanic Discovery fame, on a cruise on his boat? You got your
bags packed, Roger?...(c;

Larry
--
While in Mexico, I didn't have to press 1 for Spanish.
While in Iran, I didn't have to press 1 for Farsi, either.

"Larry" wrote

You know....We could all fly up and help ol Tom bring her down more
safely.
We don't eat much, but do like our beers, but that's much cheaper than
"professional crew" in a magazine.

The crew match isn't for pro crews. It's where the sweet middle aged things
and horny old buggers go to find each other although the occasional
independently wealthy 19 year old who wants to sail around the world after
dropping out of modeling school also shows up. Lots of evening racing action
among the health club set as well.

Judging from the posts here and a private email I received, I think almost
anyone would find a cruise on this boat pretty tiresome. I think he's
already found the right crew for his boat. I'm sorry I brought it up.

--
Roger Long

"Roger Long" wrote in news:469b3e69$0$16593
:

I'm sorry I brought it up.

Hmm....I crewed down the ditch from Charleston to St Augustine for a nice
old couple on a Grand Banks 42 who were totally exhausted driving the
trawler down the ditch (where possible) from RI. We toddled along hardly
making a wake for 8-10 hours daytime, then gunkholed or marina'd at night
with no schedule in mind.

I thought the trip was going to be boring, but wanted some seat time in
pleasure trawlers with someone ELSE buying the fuel. I drove about 95%
of the way with the missus greatfully bringing up food and beverage
without hubby's constant groundings and the awful stress she went through
to get to Charleston. By the time we got to Savannah, they had pretty
much left it up to me and the simple instruments the boat had. Glad I
brought my handheld GPS and its cigarette light cord...(c;

Somewhere around Brunswick, I was promoted to full captain-of-the-boat
the husband was so relieved and by the time we pulled into their
daughter's private dock in St Augustine I was offered to do the whole
trip back to RI the next spring, which I gladly accepted. We had a grand
time...

Too bad they sold the boat in FL and flew home. I had planned a
leisurely trip back up for us with nice stops and a little sightseeing we
had discussed on the way down....a no-hurry boat trip, the kind I love.

Pity....(snif).... They wanted to fly me home, but I took the train at a
more leisurely pace. They insisted on buying me a little sleeper, not a
day coach, which was very nice. I think I spent $80 on the whole
trip!...(c;

Larry
--
While in Mexico, I didn't have to press 1 for Spanish.
While in Iran, I didn't have to press 1 for Farsi, either.
While in Florida, I had to press 2 for English.
It just isn't fair.

"Larry" wrote in message

I thought the trip was going to be boring, but wanted some seat time in
pleasure trawlers with someone ELSE buying the fuel.

What ? No vegetable oil ?