Larry Larry is offline

Default Portland to Cape Cod

"Roger Long" wrote in news:469b3e69$0$16593
:

I'm sorry I brought it up.

Hmm....I crewed down the ditch from Charleston to St Augustine for a nice
old couple on a Grand Banks 42 who were totally exhausted driving the
trawler down the ditch (where possible) from RI. We toddled along hardly
making a wake for 8-10 hours daytime, then gunkholed or marina'd at night
with no schedule in mind.

I thought the trip was going to be boring, but wanted some seat time in
pleasure trawlers with someone ELSE buying the fuel. I drove about 95%
of the way with the missus greatfully bringing up food and beverage
without hubby's constant groundings and the awful stress she went through
to get to Charleston. By the time we got to Savannah, they had pretty
much left it up to me and the simple instruments the boat had. Glad I
brought my handheld GPS and its cigarette light cord...(c;

Somewhere around Brunswick, I was promoted to full captain-of-the-boat
the husband was so relieved and by the time we pulled into their
daughter's private dock in St Augustine I was offered to do the whole
trip back to RI the next spring, which I gladly accepted. We had a grand
time...

Too bad they sold the boat in FL and flew home. I had planned a
leisurely trip back up for us with nice stops and a little sightseeing we
had discussed on the way down....a no-hurry boat trip, the kind I love.

Pity....(snif).... They wanted to fly me home, but I took the train at a
more leisurely pace. They insisted on buying me a little sleeper, not a
day coach, which was very nice. I think I spent $80 on the whole
trip!...(c;

Larry
--
While in Mexico, I didn't have to press 1 for Spanish.
While in Iran, I didn't have to press 1 for Farsi, either.