Steve

Default Furuno GP-32 ??

I thought the same thing about my Trimble antenna, but when I opened it up I
found a standard BNC connector. Easy to replace the cable or remove the
antenna and leave the cable.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Steve

Is there a seperate or different antenna/circuit inside a WAAS radome, just
for the WAAS??

Or will a standard GPS antenna also pick up the WAAS if connected to a WAAS
capable GPS unit.

The reason I ask, I have a Trimble GPS antenna already on my radar arch and
I don't want to pull in the new Furuno cable and install the Furuno
GPS/WAAS antenna until next season (I may upgrade my radar then and will
have to pull cables for that as well).

Just curious.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Steve

"Steve" wrote in message found a standard BNC connector.

That should be TNC not BNC..

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Dick Locke

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 09:19:47 -0800, "Steve" wrote:

Is there a seperate or different antenna/circuit inside a WAAS radome, just
for the WAAS??

Or will a standard GPS antenna also pick up the WAAS if connected to a WAAS
capable GPS unit.

The reason I ask, I have a Trimble GPS antenna already on my radar arch and
I don't want to pull in the new Furuno cable and install the Furuno
GPS/WAAS antenna until next season (I may upgrade my radar then and will
have to pull cables for that as well).

Just curious.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

My cockpit GPS is a Garmin that I hooked to an already existing
Micrologic rail mounted antenna and cable and it works fine, WAAS and
all.

Peter Bennett

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 09:19:47 -0800, "Steve" wrote:

Is there a seperate or different antenna/circuit inside a WAAS radome, just
for the WAAS??

Or will a standard GPS antenna also pick up the WAAS if connected to a WAAS
capable GPS unit.

The WAAS satellites transmit on the same frequencies as the normal GPS
satellites, so an "old" (pre-WAAS) antenna should work the same as a
new one.

The OP indicated the new antenna did make a difference, so I suspect
is has a higher-gain preamp than the old antenna.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI

Steve

I have just installed my new (used, ebay) GP-32.. It came without the
antenna and I was prepared to purchase a new antenna from Furuno ($75) but
first I tried it with my old Trimble antenna..

Works flawlessly.. I get 3D indication within 50 sec. and W3D in 90 sec..

My only problem was the need to change from the F connector to TNC.. A trip
to Radio Shack and $4 did the trick..

Now my problem is finding software that will allow my to do voyage planning
and upload the waypoints to the GP-32..

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Looking for Radar antenna for furuno 841 wreckless1 General 2 May 27th 04 03:05 AM
Furuno & Magellan Grumpy General 8 March 24th 04 06:49 PM
Continuing Saga of Far Cove's Engine Lloyd Sumpter General 20 December 29th 03 02:53 AM
Furuno fishfinder? Calif Bill General 1 July 12th 03 03:19 PM