Default Race Week in Dallas!

It's race week in Dallas and the boats are indeed flying.
These guys are really serious!

Dorothy counted 49 starters - we made it 50 sail out on the lake.

We went out this evening "crusing" (on topic!) inside the race course -
just to watch.

With the skys a bit overcast, all the sails really stood out brightly.
Beautiful sight to see. But I unfortunately left my camera at home.
Maybe tomorrow.

Wind was about 18 to 20 so we were running reefed main and working jib.

With the tiller lashed down (ok, Tamed) Spirit steered herself on both
a beam reach and close hauled!

Downwind with the jib poled to windward, she waddled like a drunken
hippo, swinging farther than I was comfortable with.
She'd come back to base course - eventually - maybe?

But reaching was super sweet!

We just sat there with big grins looking at each other in amazement.

Happy boat,

Richard
dt dt is offline

cavelamb himself wrote:

[...]

Hey, Richard, what boats and what lake? White Rock?

DT

dt wrote:
cavelamb himself wrote:

[...]

Ray Hubbard in Rowlett - east of Dallas.

All the gory details at:
http://www.dallasraceweek.com/

I don't know all the boats.
Some of them I've never seen before!
We counted 49 yesterday - 41 this evening.

But the level od performance makes me glad I didn't put up my
hunderd bucks for entry.

You would not believe how fast some of these guys are!@&*(^

Couldn't get any really fabulous pics at this distance
but a couple are posted at:
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb/race.htm

Richard

An account from the 2006 Soling Worlds Bart ASA 16 October 28th 06 04:36 AM
A day at the (log) races [email protected] General 1 April 13th 06 05:45 AM
Extreme race Turkey Coruh River Dave Manby General 0 March 6th 05 11:46 AM
What a week! Scott Vernon ASA 24 May 17th 04 12:02 PM
Time limit for hearing (not filing) protest [email protected] General 8 November 27th 03 11:48 AM