Default OT - trying to find someone in Gainesville or Fort Pierce

Can any of you kind cruiser-types point me in the right direction re US
phone books etc.

I live in West Australia, as some of you will recall.

When I was young, an American family lived two doors down from us.

The dad is as old as my dad would be ie around 80-82 and the mom would be
similar.
The two children I remember would be nudging 50 now. The moved back to the
States to Florida and I am led to believe that they, or some of them, may
live in either of the two places above.

Is there anywhere on line that you can look up US phone books? Electoral
Rolls?

Funny that as you get older, things that happened a long time ago take on
more importance.

thanks

Hoges in WA
as in Western Australia.

"Hoges in WA" wrote in
:

Is there anywhere on line that you can look up US phone books?
Electoral Rolls?

http://www.switchboard.com/

Everyone in the USA that doesn't have an unpublished phone number is
right there. The less information you enter, the more hits you get. For
instance, if you entered Hoges and no first name, and entered just
Florida, you'd get every Hoges in Florida...probably a long list. If you
entered only Hoges and Gainesville, Florida, you'd get only the Hoges
family in Gainesville....a narrower field.

Hope you find those you are looking for. I've used Switchboard to find
kids I grew up with back in the 1950's. It's a very valuable resource.

Another place is Google! Put their names in quotation marks into the
google search engine. "Michael Hicks" with the quote marks will find all
the webpages about him that have his name on them. The odder these
people's name, the better as it will get less hits. If they have a name
of a famous rock star, don't bother. You can't find your John Lennon
through that kind of noise...(c;

Good luck!

Larry
--
http://www.spp.gov/
The end of the USA and its Constitution....RIP

Larry wrote:

"Hoges in WA" wrote in
:

Is there anywhere on line that you can look up US phone books?
Electoral Rolls?

If you and the other people are old enough that you might be able to
find them in the 1930 census, which is on-line if you know how to
access it.

[...]

"Larry" wrote in message
"Hoges in WA" wrote in
:

[...]

Thanks Larry. Google got me to the two towns above and I'll now use your
link to try further. Thanks for that.
Hoges in WA

"Hoges in WA" wrote in
:

Thanks Larry. Google got me to the two towns above and I'll now use
your link to try further. Thanks for that.
Hoges in WA

Have one of those great Oz beers in my honor....(c;

G'day!

Larry
--
Hmm...I think there's a couple of Oz beers in MY fridge!..