Rosalie B. Rosalie B. is offline

Default OT - trying to find someone in Gainesville or Fort Pierce

Larry wrote:

"Hoges in WA" wrote in
:

Is there anywhere on line that you can look up US phone books?
Electoral Rolls?

If you and the other people are old enough that you might be able to
find them in the 1930 census, which is on-line if you know how to
access it.

http://www.switchboard.com/

Everyone in the USA that doesn't have an unpublished phone number is
right there. The less information you enter, the more hits you get. For
instance, if you entered Hoges and no first name, and entered just
Florida, you'd get every Hoges in Florida...probably a long list. If you
entered only Hoges and Gainesville, Florida, you'd get only the Hoges
family in Gainesville....a narrower field.

Hope you find those you are looking for. I've used Switchboard to find
kids I grew up with back in the 1950's. It's a very valuable resource.

Another place is Google! Put their names in quotation marks into the
google search engine. "Michael Hicks" with the quote marks will find all
the webpages about him that have his name on them. The odder these
people's name, the better as it will get less hits. If they have a name
of a famous rock star, don't bother. You can't find your John Lennon
through that kind of noise...(c;

Good luck!

Larry