Default Ericson 39: Pros and Cons

Hi,
we are considering Ericson 39 for extensive liveaboard/cruising,
mostly (sub-)tropics, SE Asia, mostly on anchor, low budget, couple.
What's your experience? How does it handle heavy weather? What are the
common problems with these boats?
Thanks a lot
Petr

Bob Bob is offline

On Jun 8, 7:43 pm, klubko wrote:
Hi,
we are considering Ericson 39 for extensive liveaboard/cruising,
mostly (sub-)tropics, SE Asia, mostly on anchor, low budget, couple.

what year?
how much does it weigh?
are you going to sail it there?
how old are you?
can you run four 10 minute miles?
can you do 25 push ups?
can you do five pull ups?

bob

On Jun 11, 4:57 am, Bob wrote:
On Jun 8, 7:43 pm, klubko wrote:

Hi,
we are considering Ericson 39 for extensive liveaboard/cruising,
mostly (sub-)tropics, SE Asia, mostly on anchor, low budget, couple.

what year?
how much does it weigh?
are you going to sail it there?
how old are you?
can you run four 10 minute miles?
can you do 25 push ups?
can you do five pull ups?

bob

hilarious, thanks a lot

Bob Bob is offline

On Jun 10, 3:19 pm, klubko wrote:

what year?

bob

hilarious, thanks a lot

Hey ClubCo:

What is so "hilarious" about being reasonably ambulatory for a world
cruise. As one earlier poster noted, ".... here we go again...!" I
agree, and also ask, why do people get soooooo argumentative when
fitness is considered as part of pre-cruise planning?

I may lie out of the 2nd SD but...................
Bob

On Jun 13, 11:05 am, Bob wrote:
On Jun 10, 3:19 pm, klubko wrote:

what year?
bob

hilarious, thanks a lot

Hey ClubCo:

What is so "hilarious" about being reasonably ambulatory for a world
cruise. As one earlier poster noted, ".... here we go again...!" I
agree, and also ask, why do people get soooooo argumentative when
fitness is considered as part of pre-cruise planning?

I may lie out of the 2nd SD but...................
Bob

Bob,
I dare to say that I was asking clearly about a particular boat and
personal experience with it. I just don't see how I could have asked
more clearly.
Best
Petr

* klubko wrote, On 6/13/2007 1:39 AM:
On Jun 13, 11:05 am, Bob wrote:
On Jun 10, 3:19 pm, klubko wrote:

what year?
bob
hilarious, thanks a lot

Hey ClubCo:

What is so "hilarious" about being reasonably ambulatory for a world
cruise. As one earlier poster noted, ".... here we go again...!" I
agree, and also ask, why do people get soooooo argumentative when
fitness is considered as part of pre-cruise planning?

I may lie out of the 2nd SD but...................
Bob

Bob,
I dare to say that I was asking clearly about a particular boat and
personal experience with it. I just don't see how I could have asked
more clearly.

That may be the question asked, but once its out there on a public
forum, it belongs to everyone. And when you don't know the answer to
a question, its easier to just change the question!

And besides, we have an obligation to the thousands of lurkers out
there. If we simply answered the questions, that would imply tacit
approval for anyone to go cruising without passing our inspection.

Bob wrote:
On Jun 8, 7:43 pm, klubko wrote:
Hi,
we are considering Ericson 39 for extensive liveaboard/cruising,
mostly (sub-)tropics, SE Asia, mostly on anchor, low budget, couple.

what year?
how much does it weigh?
are you going to sail it there?
how old are you?
can you run four 10 minute miles?
can you do 25 push ups?
can you do five pull ups?

bob

Here we go again
See
http://ussvdharma.net/

And
http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/...ws/local03.prt

Gordon

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 16:26:29 -0700, Gordon wrote:

Bob wrote:
On Jun 8, 7:43 pm, klubko wrote:
Hi,
we are considering Ericson 39 for extensive liveaboard/cruising,
mostly (sub-)tropics, SE Asia, mostly on anchor, low budget, couple.

There is an Islander 40, a similar size boat in my marina, in
Thailand. The couple sailed it from California and live on it about 6
months a year. No reason you can't do the same.

Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeatgmaildotcom)

Bob wrote:
On Jun 8, 7:43 pm, klubko wrote:
Hi,
we are considering Ericson 39 for extensive liveaboard/cruising,
mostly (sub-)tropics, SE Asia, mostly on anchor, low budget, couple.

There is an Islander 40, a similar size boat in my marina, in
Thailand. The couple sailed it from California and live on it about 6
months a year. No reason you can't do the same.

Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeatgmaildotcom)

Thanks a lot for the links and inspiration
Petr

Bob Bob is offline

On Jun 10, 4:26 pm, Gordon wrote:
Bob wrote:
On Jun 8, 7:43 pm, klubko wrote:
Hi,
we are considering Ericson 39 for extensive liveaboard/cruising,
mostly (sub-)tropics, SE Asia, mostly on anchor, low budget, couple.

what year?
how much does it weigh?
are you going to sail it there?
how old are you?
can you run four 10 minute miles?
can you do 25 push ups?
can you do five pull ups?

bob

Here we go again
Seehttp://ussvdharma.net/

Andhttp://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/articles/2005/06/06/local_news/lo...

Gordon- Hide quoted text -

Hi Gordon:

Agreed...... lots of old feble, fat, fair, and over fifty people do
it. As I mentined even a blind pair went sailing past the west coast a
few months ago. But I gots to ask: If its such a good idea why does it
typically result in such a media splash? In other words, if its so
normal and common why such attention as if it is a news worth?????

Bob

RHODES 18: pros / cons ? [email protected] ASA 1 June 23rd 06 09:48 PM
Pros and Cons of a Circumnavigator Mic Cruising 0 July 31st 05 05:08 PM
Lectra/San pros and cons Cam Cruising 41 April 13th 05 11:03 PM
Rebuild/By new Pros cons Harry Krause General 4 October 7th 04 09:35 PM
What are the pros and cons of a folding prop? MLapla4120 Cruising 140 September 9th 04 02:03 AM