Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Raymarine ST1000 cable mystery

Get this. I bought a Raymarine ST1000 tiller pilot last winter that came
with a handheld remote unit. Now it's time to install them.

The remote comes with a special three prong connector that is in the shape
of a rounded triangle. The autopilot has its own connector. The manual shows
the remote plugged into a series of SeaTalk units and a cable coming out of
those units with the color codes to connect to the proper terminals on the
autopilot connector.

However, I don't have any SeaTalk units. I just want to plug the remote
directly into the autopilot. They didn't supply any cable for this so I have
to run three wires or a three conductor cable between the autopilot
connector and the plug for the remote. But, big, big, butt. The remote unit
plug does not have any stampings indicating which wire goes to which pin!
Nowhere in the manual for either the autopilot or the remote is there a
diagram showing which pin corresponds to which conductor color or which pin
is supposed to connect to which terminal on the autopilot connector.

I've done some Google searching and can't find anything. I'll call Raymarine
tomorrow but they must be getting a lot of calls about this. I can't be the
only one who wants to use my remote without any other SeaTalk units in
between.

If anyone knows a link to the proper pin out diagram, please save me a call.

--
Roger Long

Raymarine ST1000 Plus Autopilot muelec Electronics 8 February 25th 07 06:46 PM
Help with Teleflex Safe-t qc helm and cable installation [email protected] General 0 August 7th 05 07:59 PM
OB Motor steering question tillius General 3 June 28th 04 12:36 PM
cable steering Gregory McGuire General 1 June 8th 04 12:52 AM
Radar Cable Connectors Steve Electronics 2 February 5th 04 08:13 PM