Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Raymarine ST1000 cable mystery

* Roger Long wrote, On 5/7/2007 5:31 PM:
Get this. I bought a Raymarine ST1000 tiller pilot last winter that came
with a handheld remote unit. Now it's time to install them.

The remote comes with a special three prong connector that is in the
shape of a rounded triangle. The autopilot has its own connector. The
manual shows the remote plugged into a series of SeaTalk units and a
cable coming out of those units with the color codes to connect to the
proper terminals on the autopilot connector.

However, I don't have any SeaTalk units. I just want to plug the remote
directly into the autopilot. They didn't supply any cable for this so I
have to run three wires or a three conductor cable between the autopilot
connector and the plug for the remote. But, big, big, butt. The remote
unit plug does not have any stampings indicating which wire goes to
which pin! Nowhere in the manual for either the autopilot or the remote
is there a diagram showing which pin corresponds to which conductor
color or which pin is supposed to connect to which terminal on the
autopilot connector.

I've done some Google searching and can't find anything. I'll call
Raymarine tomorrow but they must be getting a lot of calls about this. I
can't be the only one who wants to use my remote without any other
SeaTalk units in between.

If anyone knows a link to the proper pin out diagram, please save me a
call.

The ST1000+ manual on the Raymarine site has the pinouts. You don't
mention the model of the remote, but mine came with pinouts described
- if its the same I can get mine from the boat tomorrow.