Paul Atkinson

Default Save The Dream

I am trying to find a way to fulfill a lifetime dream. The dream is to
find a treasure ship in the Bahama Islands. As a Child growing up in
Miami, Fl., a friend and I talked about searching for treasure ships.
I do not recall how we knew there were treasure ships there but we
talked about it frequently even though we had neither the resources
nor the knowledge to pursue our dreams.
As life is with many of us, we go in various direction as time passes,
often because of external forces such as children or job requirements.
From time to time I would think about treasure hunting as I was
sailing in the Gulf of f
Mexico. Neither time nor my job would permit searching for many years.
Thirty uears would pass before the childhood dream would be rekindled
as a result of an educational project I was working on for my
employer. Many documents were located in the Spanish archives in
Seville, Spain, which had not seen the light of day in almost 400
years. When the project was finished all of the files were to be
thrown out. Instead I began to research them feverishly to see what
might be useful to me in my treasure quest. One thing led to another
etc. Before I knew it 6 years had passed and I had read over 100
books, visited libraties at the University of Fl., Brooklyn, N. Y.,
and two trips to the Bahamas collecting date and old (natical) charts.
At this point I became aware my health was failing and in particular,
Osteoarthritis was one diagnosis that was beginning to take its toll
on my well being and ability to be normally active. I began 3 years of
medical treatment and 1 year of therapy for depression resulting from
my physical problems. All of this eventually forced me to leave work.
I attempted to get Social Security disability but as you can probably
guess the bureaucracy drug along for years and I finally gave up on
advice of my attorney. Once I made that decision, I was so rellieved
of seeing doctors and filing out forms for Social Security that I
almost immediately began to feel better. The next important decision
was to leave the humid climate of Florida and go to the drier climate
of West Texas. It is hard to explain the relationship between humidity
and joint pain but it has helped me beyond my expectations.
At this point, let me say that on e of the most successful treasure
hunters alive confirmed my research as to where I may find one of two
treasure ships. There are thousands more in the Carivvean islands
waiting to be found. The reasons I believe I can succeed is because
very few people have ever looked for ships anywhere near the area I
will search. Additionally, most people just dream about it as I did
for 30 years and, it is so far off the beaten path logistical support
is non existent. It has taken me years of research to get to this
point and I want to share this adventure with my grandson.
Unfortunately, my own children have no interest in the possibilities
of such an adventure. But then few had faith in Mel Fischer until he
found the "Atocha" or Robert Marx, who found dozens of treasure ships.
Finances are my only shortfall in this quest as I have done my
homework and I have some of the necessary equipment left over from
previously owned sailboats. I have read about those who have failed
and the common reasons for their failure. All I need is a few
passionate souls who can donate money or sailboat equipment for a
24-26ft sailboat. My best calculations are that I will need $7500.00
for the boat for two or three summers of work. In return I will gladly
remember anyone who helps me. I intend to write a book about this
adventure and will give a copy to anyone who helps me.
This is not about getting rich. This is about a man wanting to do
something significant for his grandchildren. I will encourage my 14
year old grandson to write his version about this adventure which may
also become a book. This is the fantasy that children and old men go
to see in the movies. I want to live it with them before it is too
late. Can you help?
For questions and answers: Paul Atkinson, P. O. Box 625, Comstock,
Tx., 78837
Phone 432-292-4381
Paul

If you only need $7,500 I would suggest getting a credit card. Pick one with
an annual fee since they will have a lower interest rate than one with no
fee. Outfit yourself with that and make the minimum payments.

Anyone can build up credit but if you're behind the 8 ball it might take
longer. It won't be impossible, just take longer.

Chronic pain is not limited to the aged, many of us live with it and
succeed. Agedness is merely a coincidence.

Here's an idea you can have for free -- if you're planning on writing a
book, start now but make it a website. Describe your idea in more detail --
I don't mean give away the location of the treasure, just take the time to
write and sell people on the entire idea. Research things like PayPal. This
way instead of asking a few people for a large chunk of money you can ask a
lot of people for a small bit of money. Market it.

Creativity can solve many problems, be creative.

"Paul Atkinson" wrote in message
om...
I am trying to find a way to fulfill a lifetime dream. The dream is to
find a treasure ship in the Bahama Islands. As a Child growing up in
Miami, Fl., a friend and I talked about searching for treasure ships.
I do not recall how we knew there were treasure ships there but we
talked about it frequently even though we had neither the resources
nor the knowledge to pursue our dreams.
As life is with many of us, we go in various direction as time passes,
often because of external forces such as children or job requirements.
From time to time I would think about treasure hunting as I was
[...]

Rob

"Paul" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
[...]

I was going to write about how adventures should involve risk and not credit
card applications, also
that arranging the book before even stepping off the dock was a sad
reflection on our times.

Then I realised a lot of the most famous or infamous adventures in real life
often involved sponsorship by newspapers, also that funding was provided by
both private and public cash.

But further, don't get caught up in getting too cosy or building safteynets.
Sir Ranulph Fiennes often left behind loads of equipment or didn't test it,
in order to reach his deadline for leaving, sometimes calculated risk is
good enough.

Paul

But further, don't get caught up in getting too cosy or building
safteynets.
Sir Ranulph Fiennes often left behind loads of equipment or didn't test

it,
in order to reach his deadline for leaving, sometimes calculated risk is
good enough.

Actually I agree with you wholeheartedly.

My family/friends often marvel at my luck and I must admit I am the luckiest
person I know, but a few times I have mentioned that the only way to "land
on your feet" is to jump in the first place.

I firmly believe there is a way around almost every roadblock if you want to
do something.

OT--A Republicans dream! NOYB General 47 July 8th 04 04:44 AM
Buy a Boat Decal - Save a Life! sailing fan General 1 March 28th 04 07:03 PM
Buy a Boat Decal - Save a Life! sailing fan Boat Building 0 March 28th 04 07:01 PM
Can they save the Cutty Sark? Chris Brady General 5 March 25th 04 09:05 AM
How To Buy Your Dream Boat James General 0 October 22nd 03 05:33 PM