Default Question for Bristol Finish users

I hate washing brushes and I'm going to try the six coats in a day method
up at the boat were brush cleaning will be difficult. I also don't trust a
cleaned brush until it is thouroughly dry. Since this is a two part system,
I don't imagine wrapping the brush between coats will work. So, it sounds
like disposable brushes.

How well does BF work with foam brushes? I've had a wide variety of
success with these depending on type of finish material. For some things,
they are the best choice and others impossible.

I'm not after a showpiece finish here. I just want it to pass the straight
face test.

--
Roger Long

Roger ,, why don't you get say four brushes. Use one, and have three
waiting. I can't imagine that you couldn't get the job done with four
brushes.

As to the foam.. I am certainly no expert but on wood? I would be thinking
brush on wood.

I need to ask you something offgroup.. will send an email ..

====

"Roger Long" wrote in message
I hate washing brushes and I'm going to try the six coats in a day method
up at the boat were brush cleaning will be difficult. I also don't trust a
cleaned brush until it is thouroughly dry. Since this is a two part
system, I don't imagine wrapping the brush between coats will work. So, it
sounds like disposable brushes.

How well does BF work with foam brushes? I've had a wide variety of
success with these depending on type of finish material. For some things,
they are the best choice and others impossible.

I'm not after a showpiece finish here. I just want it to pass the
straight face test.

--
Roger Long

I don't know about BF but I used foam brushes with Interlux Goldspar which
is a single part polyurethane and they left a nice finish. Watch those air
bubbles...........
They did start to go mushy after a while so you might need quite a few if
you have a big job.

I cut the handle of the brush down and just leave it sealed in the can.
Lasts for months, esp if you breath old lung air into the can just before
sealing. Otherwise, get a plastic bag, empty it, then fill it with held
breath, (takes six to eight lungfulls) put the brush in the bag and rubber
band it, Only works with air dry paint or varnish of course.

It always seems a pity to me on varnishwork to use a new brush that might
drop a few hairs the first time. This way the brush gets better at each
coat.

"Roger Long" wrote in message
I hate washing brushes and I'm going to try the six coats in a day method
up at the boat were brush cleaning will be difficult. I also don't trust a
cleaned brush until it is thouroughly dry. Since this is a two part
system, I don't imagine wrapping the brush between coats will work. So, it
sounds like disposable brushes.

How well does BF work with foam brushes? I've had a wide variety of
success with these depending on type of finish material. For some things,
they are the best choice and others impossible.

I'm not after a showpiece finish here. I just want it to pass the
straight face test.

--
Roger Long

Sorry I did not read the question properly.
With two part liquids I always dispence the next part of the larger volume
two part, then after having thouroughly scraped as much out of the used
brush as I can, I work the brush in the new uncatalised liquid so that any
catalised liquid is thouroughly diluted by the uncatalised liquid. The now
diluted liquid in the brush wil not cure. When ready, add the catalist,
remember to stir and away you go. If it's hot and a long break keep in the
frig (if you are allowed)