Default Canadian insurance found

Someone who read my post on looking for Canadian Insurance told his friend
in the business who then contacted me.

These folks:

Michael Daniels BBA/CAIB
Cambridge-S.I.A.Insurance Brokers

http://www.sia.nb.ca/

will provide the insurance for Canadian waters for a very reasonable premium
estimate, about the same as the great deal I'm getting for US coverage now
but with 10 times the P&I coverage. The two policies together would be
about the same as the quotes I go from BoatUS back when I bought the boat.
Good deal.

However, when checking with my current insurer to be sure they wouldn't have
a problem with two non-overlapping policies (I can't imagine why they would
but two agents told me they might), I learned that they might add Canadian
waters up to Glace Bay. Either I was misinformed at the beginning or there
has been a change. I'm waiting word on that now.

Meanwhile, Cambridge appears to be the goto guys for anyone who needs
insurance in that part of the world.

--
Roger Long

"Roger Long" wrote in message
snip
I learned that they might add Canadian
waters up to Glace Bay. Either I was misinformed at the beginning or
there has been a change. I'm waiting word on that now.

snip...

Boy..that sure covers it. You wouldn't want to miss the Bras d'Or lakes in
Cape Breton.
It's always highly recommended by the Cruising Club of America.
http://www.cruisingclub.org/

On Mar 9, 6:15 pm, "Don White" wrote:
"Roger Long" wrote in message

snip
I learned that they might add Canadian waters up to Glace Bay. Either I was misinformed at the beginning or
there has been a change. I'm waiting word on that now.

snip...

Boy..that sure covers it. You wouldn't want to miss the Bras d'Or lakes in
Cape Breton.
It's always highly recommended by the Cruising Club of America.http://www.cruisingclub.org/

Well, that gets you pretty close to home waters for me. You can't go
around the corner into Sydney Harbour or up to Ingonish but you can
get into the Bras d'Or Lakes via the canal at St. Peters. You'll
really enjoy the sunshine and warm waters of the Bras d'Or after a
week or two working your way up the coast of Nova Scotia. Be sure to
let me know when you plan to come this way.

"Ken Heaton, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia"
wrote in message
ups.com...
On Mar 9, 6:15 pm, "Don White" wrote:
"Roger Long" wrote in message

snip
I learned that they might add Canadian waters up to Glace Bay.
Either I was misinformed at the beginning or
there has been a change. I'm waiting word on that now.

snip...

Boy..that sure covers it. You wouldn't want to miss the Bras d'Or
lakes in
Cape Breton.
It's always highly recommended by the Cruising Club of
America.http://www.cruisingclub.org/

Well, that gets you pretty close to home waters for me. You can't go
around the corner into Sydney Harbour or up to Ingonish but you can
get into the Bras d'Or Lakes via the canal at St. Peters. You'll
really enjoy the sunshine and warm waters of the Bras d'Or after a
week or two working your way up the coast of Nova Scotia. Be sure to
let me know when you plan to come this way.

Sailing Canada sounds about as dumb as sailing the Chernobyl cooling
ponds. . .

Wilbur Hubbard

Hi
I am the guy who gave your post to Mike Daniels, we are just trying to get
more boat traffic in our area. I have my insurance with Mike and he knows
his business. He is alo a boater himself and has offshore racing
experience.
If you do make up, try to visit the Saint John river system in New
Brunswick. It is a boaters dream.

Sterling

Silver K wrote:
Hi
I am the guy who gave your post to Mike Daniels, we are just trying
to get more boat traffic in our area.

Thanks very much.

I've heard that there is a blues and jazz music festival somewhere up the
St. John's River the second week in September and you can stay on your boat.
I'm keeping this dates open and hope to attend. I'd like to know more
about it and any information or links you post here might attract additional
boats.

--
Roger Long

Hi
Yes, the festival is "The Harvest Jazz & Blues Festival". I have been a
sponsor in past years. It is worth going to if you are a fan. If you are
interested, in attending I can arrange a mooring if you have a sailboat or
if you are travelling by power boat, you can stay on the dock in the
downtown area next to the festival. The link to last years festival is
http://www.harvestjazzandblues.com/

Sterling

"Roger Long" wrote in message
Silver K wrote:
Hi
I am the guy who gave your post to Mike Daniels, we are just trying
to get more boat traffic in our area.

Thanks very much.

I've heard that there is a blues and jazz music festival somewhere up the
St. John's River the second week in September and you can stay on your
boat. I'm keeping this dates open and hope to attend. I'd like to know
more about it and any information or links you post here might attract
additional boats.

--
Roger Long

If you can't make that one...tie up in downtown Halifax for the Atlantic
Jazz festival July 13-21 2007
here's last years page..
http://www.jazzeast.com/festival2006/

And then, my current insurance company came through. Either something
changed or I was misinformed a couple years ago. For less than 100 bucks,
they have added the Bay of Fundy and the coast of Nova Scotia up to Glace
Bay. That's more than enough to occupy me this summer.

I'm glad I found Cambridge though because Newfoundland beckons for the
summer after this one.

--
Roger Long

Silver K wrote:
Hi
Yes, the festival is "The Harvest Jazz & Blues Festival". I have
been a sponsor in past years. It is worth going to if you are a fan.
If you are interested, in attending I can arrange a mooring if you
have a sailboat or if you are travelling by power boat, you can stay
on the dock in the downtown area next to the festival. The link to
last years festival is http://www.harvestjazzandblues.com/

Sterling

Say, I was just looking at Fredericton on Google Earth and there are a lot
of bridges on that river. Can a 46 foot mast get that far up the river?

--
Roger Long