Default The beginning of the end

Here is the beginning of the end of boating as we know it in the US of A.

http://www.marinelink.com/Story/Coas...it-206253.html

Tennis anyone?

Oh, no, that's right, those balls could have anthrax or radio isotopes in
them.

--
Roger Long

"Roger Long" wrote in message
Here is the beginning of the end of boating as we know it in the US of A.

http://www.marinelink.com/Story/Coas...it-206253.html

Tennis anyone?

Oh, no, that's right, those balls could have anthrax or radio isotopes in
them.

--
Roger Long

Roger...if this all comes to pass, quickly move your boat up here and secure
a spot in a local club.
You'll find this area just as nice as Maine for 5 month cruising and the
odds of getting stopped & harassed by our Coast Guard extremely low/nil.
Winters would be best spent in the BVI.

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 07:44:09 -0500, Roger Long wrote:

Here is the beginning of the end of boating as we know it in the US of
A.

http://www.marinelink.com/Story/Coas...it-206253.html

A large part of the problem rests with a populace that is cultured to
avoid thinking at all times. Why think when you've got cheap beer, NASCAR
and "Fox News"? (sic). It's easier to manipulate the prejudices, biases
and fears of stupid people. It's easy to get them to believe whatever
horse**** the fuhrer wants to substitute for the truth. A scary part for
non-Americans is the degree to which even seemingly smart people in the US
completely swallow, then regurgitate the pap that passes for "truth" in
the former "land of the free". The real question is whether there are
enough "smart" Americans to stop what from the outside looks like a
dangerous slide into facism.

Wait ... hold it ... I seem to remember that you are the same Roger Long
who wants "licenses" for operating a boat.

First the government finds out who you are, then they require a license,
then they tax you off the earth ... but .. it is for the "children".

"mr.b" wrote in message
news
[...]

"mr.b" wrote in message
news
[...]

Hey, I've got it! Let's require every boat, regardless of size, to file a
float plan with the Coast Guard, which will issue a "Voyage Permit" for each
trip. Doesn't matter if you're going out to fish for a couple of hours,
daysailing, or cruising for a few days, weeks, or months. Get caught without
your "Papers," and your boat is confiscated and you spend some time in the
pokey, getting pokied.

"Land of the Free" my hind leg. This suggestion may seem far-fetched now,
but I'd about guarantee that something along these lines will be proposed,
and possibly adopted.

KLC Lewis wrote:

"Land of the Free" my hind leg. This suggestion may seem far-fetched
now, but I'd about guarantee that something along these lines will be
proposed, and possibly adopted.

No one who has flown general aviation aircraft since 911 would think that
far-fetched at all.

Here's how it went: Fly within 3 miles of a nuclear power plant and your
busted. Where are the power plants? Sorry, we can't tell you or put them
on the aeronautical charts because that would provide vital information to
the terrorists. The plants weren't on the air traffic control radar scopes
either. If a controller vectored a pilot over one, it was the pilot's
responsibility to know that it was there and tell the controller, "Unable to
comply.".

--
Roger Long

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message

"mr.b" wrote in message
news
[...]

Already there is a law on the books that recreational boaters who leave
the good ole USA and come back in must have passports. If you fail to
clear customs and immigration your boat can be impounded and you
imprisoned and fined. I think it goes into effect this year sometime in
the fall. Imagine that. A US citizen must have federally issued "papers"
that prove he's a citizen before he can return to his own country. In
the meanwhile, illegals flood across the borders and are given handouts
and free medical care and schooling for their ******* children.

Your float plan idea is not far-fetched at all. Already it is in the
"recommended for all vessel voyages" stage by the Coast Guard. It's only
a matter of time before it's mandatory. In Key West the Federal Govt.
issued permits for a handful of sailboats to race to Havana and back.
When the boats returned to Key West they were summarily boarded and
searched. People were arrested for spending money in Cuba if they had
any Cuban goods on board. One boat was impounded for a while. A few
people are still being prosecuted. It all amounts to an abuse of federal
govt. powers. It's going to get worse. It never gets better.

That's why thinking people need a capable voyaging sailboat. The time is
nigh to start looking for a new country. Personally I like the Bahamas.
Almost a third-world country. Parliamentary govt. Small bureaucracy.
They just don't have the money or personnel to harass boaters. No sales
tax. Prices are a little high but I'd rather pay higher prices to the
businessman and no taxes to the govt. than lower prices to the
businessman and high taxes to a govt. that uses tax revenues to slowly
take away your freedom. The Democrats said it's time for a change. Now
that they are in power I'm beginning to agree with them. It's time for a
change in countries.

Wilbur Hubbard

"Roger Long" wrote in message
Here is the beginning of the end of boating as we know it in the US of A.

http://www.marinelink.com/Story/Coas...it-206253.html

Tennis anyone?

Oh, no, that's right, those balls could have anthrax or radio isotopes in
them.

--
Roger Long

"but we know very little about the 77 million U.S. boaters or the 13 million
recreational vessels that ply U.S. waters," Allen (US Coast Guard
Commandant) said."

Lets see now, 1 hour to check up on each of those 77 million potential
terrorists works out to 43,750 years worth of work if we assume 220 working
days in the year at 8 hours per day. Of course your government could hire
43, 750 new bureaucrats to cut it down to 1 year. Get ready for a tax
increase.

"Roger Long" wrote in news:45f15693$0$28142
:

Here is the beginning of the end of boating as we know it in the US of

A.

If I leave the country and come back, any other way, I'm inspected by
border agents....plane, train, car....but not yacht. We leave Florida
and go 250 miles to catch the Gulf Stream. We drop out of the stream 90
miles S of Charleston and sail into Charleston Harbor. We are never
stopped, never questioned, never challenged...even by calling us on the
radio. CG can't find us if we're in trouble without our 406 EPIRB
lighting their way, so I know they haven't been tracking us on some
sophisticated satellite system the military runs or they could. When we
sail up the Charleston Jetties in the ship channel from sea, we never see
anyone! We could BE anyone. The boat has no positive identifying
markers of any kind. It says, "Lionheart - Atlanta, GA" across the stern
but we could have had that painted on her while they loaded her
thermonuclear device into the V-berth in (pick any port).

They really DO have a point. The Mexican border isn't anywhere NEAR as
open as the South Carolina Coast! Any boat from anywhere can come
ashore, even right up the main shipping channel into Charleston and NOONE
IS TRACKING THEM! NADA! There's no picket ships at the 3-mile limit, a
really ABSURD edge of the US waters, when it should be 200 miles and
HEAVILY defended from all intruders, foreign and domestic. I could set
off a hydrogen bomb in INTERNATIONAL waters 3-miles off NYC, out of the
jurisdiction of the US Gummit by its own stupidity and make the WTC
inside job look like a pittance! The crater from a BIG bomb is 5 miles
across....inland to New Jersey! How stupid is that?

The USA needs shoreline RADAR and SOSUS and must force EVERY vessel that
leaves/enters the 200 mile exclusion zone to be fully transponding
AIS....JUST LIKE THE AIRPLANES squawk IFF. Hell, you could dock the bomb
8 miles up the Ashley River in front of my house, and be 800 yards from
the main gate of the Charleston Air Force Base and NOONE WOULD KNOW OR
SEEM TO CARE YOU WERE THERE.

Of course, this assumes America is under attack from WITHOUT, which it
was not. America was attacked from WITHIN, by its own government. 9-11
wasn't the first time or the first hairbrained scenario to come from the
isolated Pentagon stupidity machine.....set to blow up bogus airliners
over Cuba to coerce Americans into a pre-emptive invasion against
Castro....remember? If W and the NeoCons had been in that seat, instead
of a dove Democrat, Cuba would be like Beirut, today.

Larry
--
CAUTION - STAY AWAY FROM THE HIGHLY RADIOACTIVE US/MEXICAN BORDER.
(after my plan to dump all nuclear waste 1 mile inland from it.)

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in
:

That's why thinking people need a capable voyaging sailboat. The time

is
nigh to start looking for a new country. Personally I like the Bahamas.
Almost a third-world country. Parliamentary govt. Small bureaucracy.
They just don't have the money or personnel to harass boaters. No sales
tax. Prices are a little high but I'd rather pay higher prices to the
businessman and no taxes to the govt. than lower prices to the
businessman and high taxes to a govt. that uses tax revenues to slowly
take away your freedom. The Democrats said it's time for a change. Now
that they are in power I'm beginning to agree with them. It's time for

change in countries.

Wilbur Hubbard

One of my female friends just built her SECOND house in Playa Del Hermosa
Jaco, Costa Rica. CR is very American-friendly. She used local
architects, builders, craftsmen for everything. Every drawer pull,
handle and handrail was made by local blacksmiths, by hand. It's
beautiful! Hermosa is CR's surfer paradise on the Pacific.
http://www.jacowebs.com/Kelies/FrameSet.htm
Not ONE pool.....two!...(c;

CR might be a great place to move to. Very little "government" standing
in your way, especially if you're doing something to improve Costa
Ricans.

Larry
--
How much price inflation is caused by illegal
aliens gobbling up goods and services, creating

A Beginner's Guide to Beginning Guides JoeSpareBedroom General 0 September 10th 06 11:53 PM
In the Beginning Calif Bill General 0 August 22nd 06 10:26 PM
Beginning to look like cruising weather [email protected] Cruising 7 October 3rd 05 09:41 PM
Thanks people, it's beginning to sound as if Harry Krause is a netKKKop Capt. Neal® General 6 April 4th 05 01:53 AM
Beginning to feel sorry for Katy and the other girls. Simple Simon ASA 7 November 26th 03 11:07 PM