Larry Demers

Default Seeking info on Fairweather Mariner 39

Has anyone info on the Fairweather Mariner 39? I have one in my
marina but the owner rarely is around..so cannot seem to meet him to ask
questions. For Sale boat searches for this vessel have turned up no
examples for sale.
I am looking for any and all info on this boat..ie:..quality, who
built/designed them (Bob Perry?), prices etc.

TIA,

Larry DeMers

Junior Member

Larry:

I have one, and know something about these boats. They were designed by Bob Perry to be the Westsail 39, but the company went belly up after building maybe four boats. No one seems to be sure how many. The molds were sold and after a few boats made in S. California, they were taken to Taiwan where all of the boats with the hull numbers FWM39 xxxxx were built. Some say 28 boats total. Some say 42. It is an extremely well built sea worthy boat, reasonably fast as eight knots is no problem on a broad reach with wind in the high teens. Full of high quality teak joinery, they are light and airy below decks, and generally comfortable. Great bulkheads and huge chain plates, they were built to last. Get a hold of a PDF of "Windblown", the newsletter of the Westsail Owners Association, Spring 2010, and see the article I wrote about the boat with interviews from Bob Perry and others. It starts on page seven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Demers View Post