William M. Bickley

Default Info Needed - 1989 Shamrock

A friend just acquired a 1989 Shamrock 17 foot center-cockpit boat. The
only info he has been able to obtain is a sales brochure of sorts, which
mentions that the engine is an Indmar 2.6 liter, 200 hp. Both Shamrock and
Indmar claim to have no technical information on either the boat or the
engine.

We're looking for anything which would tell us more about the boat and the
engine in particular - enough to begin the search for parts, etc.

Any info or advice would be appreciated.

Bill

Calif Bill

"William M. Bickley" wrote in message
A friend just acquired a 1989 Shamrock 17 foot center-cockpit boat. The
only info he has been able to obtain is a sales brochure of sorts, which
mentions that the engine is an Indmar 2.6 liter, 200 hp. Both Shamrock and
Indmar claim to have no technical information on either the boat or the
engine.

We're looking for anything which would tell us more about the boat and the
engine in particular - enough to begin the search for parts, etc.

Any info or advice would be appreciated.

Bill

Try
http://www.allcoastsportfishing.com/...&forum=private there are some shami owners on the board.
Bill

DownTime

"William M. Bickley" wrote in message
A friend just acquired a 1989 Shamrock 17 foot center-cockpit boat. The
only info he has been able to obtain is a sales brochure of sorts, which
mentions that the engine is an Indmar 2.6 liter, 200 hp. Both Shamrock

and
Indmar claim to have no technical information on either the boat or the
engine.

We're looking for anything which would tell us more about the boat and

the
engine in particular - enough to begin the search for parts, etc.

Any info or advice would be appreciated.

Bill

Shamrocks are built in my hometown, if I venture over that way I'll stop in
to see what I can find.

Any identifying marks/numbers/VIN to be found?