Default Gas $1.99/gallon!

Wayne.B wrote:

On 24 Jan 2007 22:10:15 -0800, "Bob" wrote:

When I was a kid i fond something called a ration card for fuel. I
asked my mom about it. She described how fuel, rubber, sugar, and other
things were rationed in the war.

Seemed to work just fine then.

Not really. How many gallons do you suppose would be allowed for your
boat(s)?

Be careful what you ask for. The one thing worse than expensive fuel
is no fuel at any price.

That's only ONE thing that would be worse than expensive fuel.

Larry inscribed in red ink for all to know:
RW Salnick wrote in news:ep8tbu$v5j$1
@gnus01.u.washington.edu:

Maybe it is just SouthernBigOil that got the message.

Sunoco? Sun Oil was from Pennsylvania, last time I checked...(c;

Gas is cheaper in Charleston because we are a gas dump from the ships. I
like to take those buying Exxon or Shell down to the Hess Oil storage place
to show them all the different oil company trucks lined up at 4AM to put
the same Hess gas in all the tanks...at higher prices, of course...

Larry

Then, as Seattle is the "dump" point for all the Alaskan crude, we
should have the same thing here... Instead, the sign right outside my
window still says $2.79 this morning

bob
s/v Eolian
Seattle

In the UK it's equivalent to about $7.98 a gallon (£0.90 (GBP) per L) :-(

I paid $1.77/gal. earlier this week in Michigan. A news report on the
radio said we had the lowest gas prices in the country. Go figure.

keith

On Jan 24, 6:37 pm, Larry wrote:
Am I the only one to notice how Big Oil seems to have gotten the message
from the last halftime election where the Democrats took over both houses?

Wouldn't it have been fun to hear the Neocons calling them to make a deal?

Gas is $1.99/US Gallon in Charleston, SC, tonight. I filled up the Chevy
Pig. Not sure what it's doing at the fuel dock...

Larry
--
Democracy is when two wolves and a sheep vote on who's for dinner.
Liberty is when the sheep has his own gun.

RW Salnick wrote in news:epai0r$euf$1
@gnus01.u.washington.edu:

Then, as Seattle is the "dump" point for all the Alaskan crude, we
should have the same thing here... Instead, the sign right outside my
window still says $2.79 this morning

I thought all the Alaska crude went to Tokyo and Osaka and Hong Kong where
they'll pay much higher prices for it than America will.

Larry

Larry wrote:
RW Salnick wrote in news:epai0r$euf$1
@gnus01.u.washington.edu:

Then, as Seattle is the "dump" point for all the Alaskan crude, we
should have the same thing here... Instead, the sign right outside my
window still says $2.79 this morning

I thought all the Alaska crude went to Tokyo and Osaka and Hong Kong where
they'll pay much higher prices for it than America will.

Larry

There is a regular milk run from Alaska to Cherry Point, Washington.
These tankers often que up at Port Angeles waiting their turn to proceed
in to offload. Same old boats time after time.
Gordon

Larry wrote:

RW Salnick wrote in news:epai0r$euf$1
@gnus01.u.washington.edu:

Then, as Seattle is the "dump" point for all the Alaskan crude, we
should have the same thing here... Instead, the sign right outside my
window still says $2.79 this morning

I thought all the Alaska crude went to Tokyo and Osaka and Hong Kong where
they'll pay much higher prices for it than America will.

Larry

I thought most of the crude actually ends up in refineries in
California. My understanding was that Alaska was the largest source of
crude for the Martinez refinery complex and several others along the
left coast.

But I might be wrong.

xorbit inscribed in red ink for all to know:

Larry wrote:

RW Salnick wrote in news:epai0r$euf$1
@gnus01.u.washington.edu:

Then, as Seattle is the "dump" point for all the Alaskan crude, we
should have the same thing here... Instead, the sign right outside
my window still says $2.79 this morning

I thought all the Alaska crude went to Tokyo and Osaka and Hong Kong
where they'll pay much higher prices for it than America will.

Larry

I thought most of the crude actually ends up in refineries in
California. My understanding was that Alaska was the largest source of
crude for the Martinez refinery complex and several others along the
left coast.

But I might be wrong.

Could be. There are some big pipelines running out of Cherry Point and
Anacortes.

RW Salnick wrote:

Then, as Seattle is the "dump" point for all the Alaskan crude, we
should have the same thing here... Instead, the sign right outside my
window still says $2.79 this morning

I hate to break this to you. I live in Alaska. The crude is tankered
down to you guys, refined and tankered back up here. I saw it for
$2.1599 at one of the Fred Meyers yesterday. Meaning with my fuel
discount it's costing me $2.0599. Yep, I just filled up.