xorbit xorbit is offline

Default Gas $1.99/gallon!

Larry wrote:

RW Salnick wrote in news:epai0r$euf$1
@gnus01.u.washington.edu:

Then, as Seattle is the "dump" point for all the Alaskan crude, we
should have the same thing here... Instead, the sign right outside my
window still says $2.79 this morning

I thought all the Alaska crude went to Tokyo and Osaka and Hong Kong where
they'll pay much higher prices for it than America will.

Larry

I thought most of the crude actually ends up in refineries in
California. My understanding was that Alaska was the largest source of
crude for the Martinez refinery complex and several others along the
left coast.

But I might be wrong.