Default Converting commercial trawlers

"Frogwatch" wrote in news:1168896358.442205.262840
@11g2000cwr.googlegroups.com:

Here in N. FL. the shrimpers are being driven out of business by cheap
imported shrimp. I cannot decide whether to think cheap imported
shrimp is good dor bad but it is driving many shrimpers out of bus.
Given that shrimping has been of low profitiabiluity in the past few
years, the shrimp boats are in poor repair. I saw one boat here that
had a large sheet of plywood screwed over a large hole in the side and
she has been out shrimping many times like this. Some are just being
allowed to sink at their berths....sorta sad.

The same is true in Charleston. The boats cost just too much, especially
in fuel, for the return on investment. Shrimp is very cheap compared to
other seafoods and it's driving our shrimp fleet out of business, too.

Big oil and the bankers must be very proud.....

Larry
--
Extremely intelligent life exists that is so smart they never called Earth.

Larry wrote:
[...]

HUH? Are you related to Harry, Larry?
Gordie

Commercial Fishing JimH General 2 August 27th 06 07:04 PM
( OT ) WHY DID ASHCROFT STOP FLYING COMMERCIAL AIRLINES PRIOR TO 9/11? Jim General 0 April 13th 04 05:22 PM
18' Boston Whaler Raider - Dive, Commercial, Rugged! Dan Boat Building 1 March 22nd 04 03:37 PM
18' Boston Whaler Raider - Dive, Commercial, Rugged! Dan Cruising 0 March 22nd 04 06:16 AM