Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jimmy

Default Dinghy registration

Hi Folks,

Up here in Canada (at least in Ontario) boats powered under 10hp are not
required to be registered. This is the case with my 10 foot RIB and 9.9
outboard motor, which I use as a tender when sailing my big boat. No
name on the dinghy, no registration numbers.

In a trip through the eastern USA to Florida, am I likely to encounter
problems with local police or coat guard because the dinghy is
unregistered, unlicensed, etc.?

Anyone experience problems with the local authorities?

Warning and tips appreciated.

Jimmy

Nesting Dinghy Parallax Boat Building 5 October 20th 11 08:56 PM
Help with PVC Dinghy repair. William F. Yehle II Boat Building 0 July 8th 04 03:10 PM
collapsible dinghy Parallax Boat Building 1 May 9th 04 05:24 PM
Dinghy registration in California Dick Locke Cruising 10 September 18th 03 07:38 PM
What's the best dinghy for cruising and why? Harvey Porter Cruising 15 August 22nd 03 01:37 AM