jps

Default Dinghy registration

I bought a boat from a Canadian owner who used the same vessel ID on his
dink as was assigned to the mother ship. Don't know if it's kosher but
worked for him.

"Jimmy" wrote in message
. ..
Hi Folks,

Up here in Canada (at least in Ontario) boats powered under 10hp are not
required to be registered. This is the case with my 10 foot RIB and 9.9
outboard motor, which I use as a tender when sailing my big boat. No
name on the dinghy, no registration numbers.

In a trip through the eastern USA to Florida, am I likely to encounter
problems with local police or coat guard because the dinghy is
unregistered, unlicensed, etc.?

Anyone experience problems with the local authorities?

Warning and tips appreciated.

Jimmy