Default (no subject)

Would a car radar detector work?

I probably should know this answer but don't.

Car detector would not give direction or be as waterproof, but maybe
many times cheaper?

Howard wrote in news:b033a$45a1ba98$43663f75$30591
@msgid.meganewsservers.com:

Would a car radar detector work?

I probably should know this answer but don't.

Car detector would not give direction or be as waterproof, but maybe
many times cheaper?

Wrong frequency bands...

Car detectors listen to 10.5 Ghz, 24.5 Ghz and infrared laser frequency
bands. Ships use much lower frequencies than this to get more range on
larger targets.

Nice try, though....(c;