BoatBanter.com

-   -   (no subject) (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/77318-no-subject.html)

Howard January 8th 07 03:29 AM

(no subject)

Would a car radar detector work?

I probably should know this answer but don't.

Car detector would not give direction or be as waterproof, but maybe
many times cheaper?

Larry January 8th 07 10:55 PM

(no subject)

Howard wrote in news:b033a$45a1ba98$43663f75$30591
@msgid.meganewsservers.com:

Would a car radar detector work?

I probably should know this answer but don't.

Car detector would not give direction or be as waterproof, but maybe
many times cheaper?

Wrong frequency bands...

Car detectors listen to 10.5 Ghz, 24.5 Ghz and infrared laser frequency
bands. Ships use much lower frequencies than this to get more range on
larger targets.

Nice try, though....(c;