Doug Kanter

Default Price controls on fuel?

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

How long do you think it will be before President Idiot is forced to
impose price controls on gasoline and diesel?

I would welcome that, but not for financial reasons. I'm sure that shortly
after he suggested or implemented the idea, one of his oily friends would
invite him to visit an oil rig in the Gulf, ride in a real live
hel-i-o-copter (pretending to fly it), and put on a hard hat & pretend to be
an oil rig guy. I suspect they'd arrange for him to "slip and fall in the
ocean", by accident, of course.

Ed

Excuse me? president Idiot? You are the freeking idiot....the laws of
supply and demand dictate that if we force the price down, the supply
will not be able to keep up with demand.... I'd rather pay $3/gallon and
have gas than pay $2 per gallon and not be able to get it.

There are two solutions... use less or make more.

Doug Kanter wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message

How long do you think it will be before President Idiot is forced to
impose price controls on gasoline and diesel?

I would welcome that, but not for financial reasons. I'm sure that shortly
after he suggested or implemented the idea, one of his oily friends would
invite him to visit an oil rig in the Gulf, ride in a real live
hel-i-o-copter (pretending to fly it), and put on a hard hat & pretend to be
an oil rig guy. I suspect they'd arrange for him to "slip and fall in the
ocean", by accident, of course.

P. Fritz

"Ed" wrote in message
Excuse me? president Idiot? You are the freeking idiot....the laws of
supply and demand dictate that if we force the price down, the supply
will not be able to keep up with demand.... I'd rather pay $3/gallon and
have gas than pay $2 per gallon and not be able to get it.

It just proves that harry, doug, and crew arre suffering from terminal BDS
(Bush Derangement Syndrome)

Doug Kanter wrote:

: "Harry Krause" wrote in message
: ...
:
: How long do you think it will be before President Idiot is forced to
: impose price controls on gasoline and diesel?

: I would welcome that, but not for financial reasons. I'm sure that shortly
: after he suggested or implemented the idea, one of his oily friends would
: invite him to visit an oil rig in the Gulf, ride in a real live
: hel-i-o-copter (pretending to fly it), and put on a hard hat & pretend to be
: an oil rig guy. I suspect they'd arrange for him to "slip and fall in the
: ocean", by accident, of course.

Already being done: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9071642/

Oil runs the gubment though and there's little hope for real relief.

b.

Doug Kanter

wrote in message
roups.com...
Doug Kanter wrote:

[...]

Just saw a news report about a Marathon station in Chicago that's charging
3.69 for regular. That's a 3, not a 2. No typo error. The owners slipped out
the back when the TV crew tried to interview them. This is going to get
ugly.

Dan J.S.

"Harry Krause" wrote in message

How long do you think it will be before President Idiot is forced to
impose price controls on gasoline and diesel?

never - because doing that would be the worst thing ever... and no one in
his administration is that dumb

Curtis CCR

Doug Kanter wrote:
"Harry Krause" wrote in message

How long do you think it will be before President Idiot is forced to
impose price controls on gasoline and diesel?

I would welcome that, but not for financial reasons. I'm sure that shortly
after he suggested or implemented the idea, one of his oily friends would
invite him to visit an oil rig in the Gulf, ride in a real live
hel-i-o-copter (pretending to fly it), and put on a hard hat & pretend to be
an oil rig guy. I suspect they'd arrange for him to "slip and fall in the
ocean", by accident, of course.

Should those that are calling for prosecution of Pat Robertson (for his
stupid remarks about Hugo Chavez) be going after you now? After all,
it sounds like you just threatened the president.

Dan J.S.

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

wrote in message
roups.com...
Doug Kanter wrote:

[...]

I live in Chicago, and have not seen anything around 3.69, but I don't doubt
it... however, check this out

http://www.gaspricewatch.com/new/

Highest gas is in Death Valley, CA at 3.88 a gallon...

Not knowing of a President Idiot, I cannot answer the question.
However, price controls would have the opposite effect of that
intended, they would make gasoline scarce by removing the incentive to
produce more oil.
In the early 80s, I was a drill stem tester on oil and gas rigs. That
meant I actually went out and made the flow and pressure measurements
that would determine if a oil or gas well would be completed or plugged
and abandonded. The price controls on gas meant that most wells I
tested had to be plugged because there was no way to make them
economical. Today, most oil in the USA comes from "stripper" wells
producing less than 10 barrels/day. Thousands of such stripper wells
are pluggedand abandonded each year not because the oil ran out but
because it cannot be economically produced. Price controls will force
the abandoning of even more. Once abandonded, it is as expensive to
re-open them as it is to drill new wells so the they would not be
re-drilled because the operator would never recover his cost. Price
controls are thus a really bad idea that will force us to use even more
foreign oil. Even small increases in the price of oil can make it
feasible to keep a stripper well running so I welcome increases in the
price of oil by reasonable amounts.
I estimate that a price of $3.50/gal would be enough (for gas) to
re-plumb some older stripper wells to be economical. The greatest cost
of such wells is that of the energy to keep them running. Most of them
produce more water than oil and any method that reduces the ratio of
water to oil pumped greatly increases the probability of keeping these
wells running.

Let there be heat! Gould 0738 General 4 November 29th 04 01:41 AM
"Heatshield" - More reefer (well, insulation) questions Skip Gundlach Boat Building 33 November 26th 04 03:11 AM
Diesel Fuel Decontamination Units Give Stored Fuel Longer Life. John T. Nightingale General 6 February 20th 04 02:28 PM
Diesel Fuel Decontamination Units Give Stored Fuel Longer Life. John T. Nightingale Boat Building 7 February 19th 04 08:00 PM
ANNOUNCEMENT: Diesel Fuel Decontamination Units Give Stored Fuel Longer Life. John T. Nightingale Marketplace 0 February 19th 04 04:48 PM