SkitchNYC

Default You are all wrong about the Fischer Panda author

Those that
produce inferior products and mislead customers shoudld be exposed.

Only if there is REAL proof that said products exist.
NOT because we "read it on the web."

You misunderstand the point. There has been no way to effectively spread
information among consumers and potential consumers in the past. Magazines
(with PS as an exception) cater to their advertisers and would not say anything
significantly bad about an advertiser. What is needed is a forum to spread the
word - this is the principle the first amendment is based on. Let customers
talk and everyone can take away what they want. Most who have done their
homework and have some experience will be able to factor the credibility of the
source into their decision-making. Speaking of credibility of sources, why are
you here defending FP when you have little info about their products while over
in ASA you post about your perceptions of the "quality" of all sorts of things?
Bobsprit

We will never find out what happened. In
particular, we will never know whether the product was or was not
defective.

Which is my whole point. Some elements of the fellows story sound odd to say
the least.

RB
Bobsprit

e Oh my! I guess I should claim that Bob suffers
from delusional tenancies

Bob thinks he's a landlord?

Exactly!

RB
Bobsprit

Speaking of credibility of sources, why are
you here defending FP when you have little info about their products while over
in ASA you post about your perceptions of the "quality" of all sorts of things?

I wasn't defending them. I just think they shouldn't be assumed guilty just
because they're a BIG company. This fellow is telling us a story. He's
attacking a company, attempting to damage their rep. There is NO proof that
they are at fault. None at all. I don't see FP attacking him or his business
practices/character.
I hope the problem is resolved soon!

RB
SkitchNYC

Speaking of credibility of sources, why are
you here defending FP when you have little info about their products while
over
in ASA you post about your perceptions of the "quality" of all sorts of
things?

I wasn't defending them. I just think they shouldn't be assumed guilty just
because they're a BIG company. This fellow is telling us a story. He's
attacking a company, attempting to damage their rep. There is NO proof that
they are at fault. None at all. I don't see FP attacking him or his business
practices/character.
I hope the problem is resolved soon!

RB

No one is assuming they are guilty, but they spend money to say all kinds of
good things about their products in things you and I read. Why not let folks
have a forum to say bad things about them if they feel strongly enough. You
certainly seem to be defending them. If not, why would you attack Schultz for
attacking FP? They can take care of themselves.

Bobsprit

No one is assuming they are guilty, but they spend money to say all kinds of
good things about their products in things you and I read. Why not let folks
have a forum to say bad things about them if they feel strongly enough. You
certainly seem to be defending them.

There is a forum and he has legal recourse. Obviously, his retread of the
subject has tired a few people. Of course he's within his rights to comment on
a product and company. And I'm within my rights to doubt elements of his story
and state as much.

RB
Doug Dotson

"SkitchNYC" wrote in message
Doug Dotson wrote:

Sorry, skipping over the posts that don't interest me does little
to recover the wasted bandwidth. It has already been wasted. As an ex-CEO
of an ISP company you, of course, know this.

This is incorrect. Don't download or open the thread and "presto"

bandwith
saved.

Hard to tell something is not worth readin until you start to read it. The
subject
line statys the same with each port so you have no clue until you open the
post.

But then, how many CEOs
actually know much about the technical end of what their company does?

This is ignorant. It is a completely misinformed assumption to state that

CEOs
don't know the technical side of their products.

I can only speak from personal experience. Others experiences may vary.

I suspect that by
now FP has gathered enough missinformation to slap you with a
libel suit when the time is right.

This is just plain funny. The truth is an absolute defense.

It's just that so many contradictary statements have been made by all
sides that is is hard to believe that they are all accurate.

Doug, you should let the marketplace of information run without

interfering.
If you don't care, don't tune in. I, for one, like to see a manufacturer

held
to account.

They can be held accountable without broadcasting everything
in a newsgroup.

Nuff said. I've said all I care to. I didn't intend to get sucked into this
discussion. Must have had a brief lapse of sanity.

Doug

Rosalie B.

"Doug Dotson" wrote:

"SkitchNYC" wrote in message
Doug Dotson wrote:

Sorry, skipping over the posts that don't interest me does little
to recover the wasted bandwidth. It has already been wasted. As an ex-CEO
of an ISP company you, of course, know this.

This is incorrect. Don't download or open the thread and "presto"

bandwith
saved.

Hard to tell something is not worth readin until you start to read it. The
subject
line statys the same with each port so you have no clue until you open the
post.

Not really true. I often put a delete filter on whole subject lines. So
all you'd have to do is filter on Panda and you wouldn't get any posts
about that topic.

Sometimes I set the filter with an expiration of 30 days of inactivity.
That is when there have been no posts with that subject or word in the
subject line for 30 days then the filter expires on its own.

As a general rule, I figure that any time a subject has more than 40 or 50
posts in it, then it is probably so far off topic that it isn't of interest
anymore. I also flag to watch or delete certain people.

grandma Rosalie