Glenn Ashmore

Default You are all wrong about the Fischer Panda author

I believe I have been seeing his posts for a couple of years now and
think I have pieced together a general idea what happened. First of all
the genset was dropped during installation when new and apparently the
installer convinced him to repair it rather than insisting on a
replacement. Then he had a lot of trouble with broken valves, rust and
I think I remember a cracked head. These symptoms seem to indicate
water flooding which would mean that the installer screwed up the
exhaust system too.

I think this guy's beef should be with the installer rather than FP. FP
has bent over backwards to help.

Bobsprit wrote:
I thought
that the juvenile behaviour would be restricted to alt.sailing.asa, but it
seems that its members are now posting here as well. There goes the mooring
field!

This "bombing" of Fischer Panda has gone on for months and months. While a few
companies get away with bad products/Bad customer service, I've learned that
sometimes the customers are the real problem. Panda even tried to resolve the
problem and posted a response. They claim improper installation and so on.
We'll never no the whole story, unless we all visit the boat or see detailed
pics.
The web can be dangerous. A nutty consumer can do a lot of damage and spin
stories this way and that.
The juvenile responses were well times to what has essentially become a well
whipped and very dead horse.

Capt Robert B
C&C 32
NY