Default Australian customs flaw

"Larry" wrote in message

At some point, as you need a wheelbarrow to buy simple foods to carry the
worthless paper money in, the stupid public will pull its collective head
out of the sand and the long-delayed cycle of revolution will repeat
itself. Government is working very hard to prepare, with HAARP weapon
research and chemical distribution systems to put the public into a trance
state to control them.

Of course, there'd be nothing to stop them from merely adding more
circuitry to the implanted RFID chips planned for mandatory distribution.
We'll all obey if our brains explode on command from the RFID system, won't
we? Humans are professional survivalists.....

(Go watch the old scifi movie "Logan's Run". The author, like George
Orwell, only had the DATE wrong for its implementation.)

Hey Larry

You need to join
http://www.vhemt.org/aboutvhemt.htm

Actually, I think I do too ;-)

Peter HK

"Peter HK" wrote in news:tw6jh.12176$HU.9860@news-
server.bigpond.net.au:

http://www.vhemt.org/aboutvhemt.htm

Go read the pointer from this site:
http://www.rehydrate.org/facts/ten_facts.htm

Now, define "child abuse" and "child neglect" once again, just for
yourself.

Having watched two parents starve themselves to death to end the medical
profession's cash cows, like Parkinson's Disease my mother had for almost
19 years, I'm an avid advocate of voluntary euthanasia for anyone who wants
it, the ability to die quickly in dignity, not slowly to make doctors
richer and to allow religious nuts to "suffer for Jesus", as they feel
everyone should "die on the cross".

In both our countries we don't have to look far to find starving children
or incurable adults who would choose euthanasia, given the choice without
the religious guilt trip.

We're too busy preparing for the next war to increase profits of the banker
class.

I don't believe that option applies now. Rather than replace it with
something sensible they just deleted it, hardly an improvement. At least
while that applied you would get your money back if you left within the time
limit.

"Ann-Marie" wrote in message
ps.com...
We solved the problem by getting dual citizenship. Now if we get to
Australia we can use our USA passports.

Their main concern is residents attempting to import a boat and avoid
import taxes - and thereby support the local boat industry. At one
time - perhaps still - you had to put up a cash bond for the import
duties (up to 100% of value) that was forfeit if you didn't exit the
country with the boat within the time limit - 12 months?. This was a
while ago, things may have improved.

JohnM wrote:
A report in Australia's "Cruising Helmsman" for Dec.
" An Australian couple will not be able to visit Australia in their own boat
during a circumnavigation without officially importing the boat - even
though the boat will not be staying in Australia.
Bob Edwards and wife Margaret bought their Nordhavn 46 in France and plan to
base or sell it in Europe after their circumnavigation but Australia will
not issue cruising permits to citizens - only visitors - so the only way
they can stop off home on their way around is to pay import duty and 10% GST
on the purchase price of the boat - tens of thousands of dollars....."
Governments just don't seem to be able to get it right - do they?

A similar example would be the scenario where Canadian residents cannot
bring US rented cars into Canada, on the grounds that Canadians taxes
and duties have not been paid on those cars. A Canadian resident from
Halifax, Nova Scotia might be visiting Seattle, Washington, 5000 km
away in the western US. If he decided to rent a car in the US and make
a two hour drive to Vancouver, Briitsh Columbia, he would be stopped at
the border by Canada Customs and told that he couldn't bring that car
in with him.

wrote:

A similar example would be the scenario where Canadian residents
cannot bring US rented cars into Canada, .....

I thought it was only the U.S. that did things this stupid.

--
Roger Long

"Roger Long" wrote in news:45940bf0$0$27061
:

wrote:

A similar example would be the scenario where Canadian residents
cannot bring US rented cars into Canada, .....

I thought it was only the U.S. that did things this stupid.

This will change, soon, because Canada-US-Mexico will soon become one big
country under an agreement the three presidents recently signed to make
it happen. I forget what the title of it was but it was done pretty
quietly to hold down the nationalists rioting.

Quebec, of course, will immediately declare itself a separate
planet....if we pay them, that is.

--
http://www.epic.org/privacy/rfid/verichip.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VeriChip

"Larry" wrote in message

This will change, soon, because Canada-US-Mexico will soon become one big
country under an agreement the three presidents recently signed to make
it happen. I forget what the title of it was but it was done pretty
quietly to hold down the nationalists rioting.

Quebec, of course, will immediately declare itself a separate
planet....if we pay them, that is.

--

Say what?
We don't have a president.so I guess that leaves us out.

"Don White" wrote in news:mWXkh.38183$cz.561997
@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca:

Say what?
We don't have a president.so I guess that leaves us out.
Secondly, they'd have to pry our independent country from my cold dead
fingers.

Sorry about the PM like that....oops.

I was sorta hoping to spend summers at Possum Lodge, myself...(c;

"Larry" wrote in message
"Don White" wrote in news:mWXkh.38183$cz.561997
@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca:

Say what?
We don't have a president.so I guess that leaves us out.
Secondly, they'd have to pry our independent country from my cold dead
fingers.

Sorry about the PM like that....oops.

I was sorta hoping to spend summers at Possum Lodge, myself...(c;

--

Well..don't let that stop you!
You'd fit right in with that Red/Green character and his buddies.

The PHRF Flaw Capt. Rob ASA 32 November 10th 05 03:49 PM
Australian David Hicks FYI Joe ASA 12 October 24th 05 11:45 AM
Customs in the San Juans [email protected] General 5 July 27th 04 05:19 PM
Damned Customs slowing up my sails. Simple Simon ASA 3 September 29th 03 12:23 AM