BoatBanter.com

-   -   Australian customs flaw (https://www.boatbanter.com/cruising/76846-australian-customs-flaw.html)

JohnM December 20th 06 05:03 AM

Australian customs flaw

A report in Australia's "Cruising Helmsman" for Dec.
" An Australian couple will not be able to visit Australia in their own boat
during a circumnavigation without officially importing the boat - even
though the boat will not be staying in Australia.
Bob Edwards and wife Margaret bought their Nordhavn 46 in France and plan to
base or sell it in Europe after their circumnavigation but Australia will
not issue cruising permits to citizens - only visitors - so the only way
they can stop off home on their way around is to pay import duty and 10% GST
on the purchase price of the boat - tens of thousands of dollars....."
Governments just don't seem to be able to get it right - do they?

Larry December 22nd 06 03:54 AM

Australian customs flaw

"JohnM" wrote in
:

Australia will
not issue cruising permits to citizens - only visitors - so the only
way they can stop off home on their way around is to pay import duty
and 10% GST on the purchase price of the boat - tens of thousands of
dollars....." Governments just don't seem to be able to get it right -
do they?

Just more proof governments, worldwide, are run by investment
bankers....just like the good ol' USA and it's Federal Reserve Private Bank
that prints our fake money.....

Rich Hampel December 22nd 06 05:13 AM

Australian customs flaw

Disagree with you Larry.
You perhaps miss the universal point is that 'governments' only
consider that the 'purpose' of its citizens is to be a "prey species"
to increase their tax base. Doesnt matter is if its a 'democracy', or
a totalitarian regime ... its all the same worldwide.

In article , Larry
wrote:

"JohnM" wrote in
:

Ann-Marie December 22nd 06 05:17 PM

Australian customs flaw

We solved the problem by getting dual citizenship. Now if we get to
Australia we can use our USA passports.

Their main concern is residents attempting to import a boat and avoid
import taxes - and thereby support the local boat industry. At one
time - perhaps still - you had to put up a cash bond for the import
duties (up to 100% of value) that was forfeit if you didn't exit the
country with the boat within the time limit - 12 months?. This was a
while ago, things may have improved.

Larry December 22nd 06 07:43 PM

Australian customs flaw

Rich Hampel wrote in news:221220060012344423%RhmpL33
@nospam.net:

Disagree with you Larry.
You perhaps miss the universal point is that 'governments' only
consider that the 'purpose' of its citizens is to be a "prey species"
to increase their tax base. Doesnt matter is if its a 'democracy', or
a totalitarian regime ... its all the same worldwide.

Over on alt.binaries.multimedia.documentaries on your usenet server, you
may still find a recent posting of "America - Freedom to Fascism" by
Aaron Russo, a Hollywood film producer who made movies like "The Rose"
and "Trading Places". It's in two CD-sized avi files in DivX format.
Play it with VLC from www.videolan.org if you don't have a divx codec.

Russo does all the footwork and goes straight after the IRS, the Federal
Income Tax (which isn't legal and isn't a law), and finds disturbing
information about the world bankers who took over the government in 1913
with the passing of the Federal Reserve Act by a quickie little vote
during Christmas vacation on a voice vote. (The movie of it is in the
film.)

In the USA, the income tax, unlawfully paid by workers on their wages and
labor, goes straight to these international bankers who OWN the Federal
Reserve Corporation, which is about as "Federal" as Federal Express. The
government borrows money from the Fed, and income tax extracted from
wages by force, pays the interest.

Watch the movie. It's not some nutcase film. Russo goes straight to the
source.....

Governments across the planet, including Australia, have been similarly
infiltrated and have lost control to the bankers. I'm sure if someone
researched, as Russo does, this same issue in Australia, he'd find the
story basically the same.

Larry December 22nd 06 07:44 PM

Australian customs flaw

"Ann-Marie" wrote in news:1166807821.485273.32600
@f1g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

support the local boat industry

Isn't "free trade" wonderful?

Roger Long December 22nd 06 08:48 PM

Australian customs flaw

Funny, I just heard a quote today by Abraham Lincoln:

"I have the South in front of me and the bankers behind me and I fear the
bankers more."

--
Roger Long

Don White December 22nd 06 10:26 PM

Australian customs flaw

Roger Long wrote:
Funny, I just heard a quote today by Abraham Lincoln:

"I have the South in front of me and the bankers behind me and I fear
the bankers more."

Maybe Larry isn't as crazy as people think.

KLC Lewis December 22nd 06 11:13 PM

Australian customs flaw

"Don White" wrote in message
Roger Long wrote:
Funny, I just heard a quote today by Abraham Lincoln:

"I have the South in front of me and the bankers behind me and I fear the
bankers more."

Maybe Larry isn't as crazy as people think.

Oh, I don't think he's crazy at all. The problem is that he's mostly right,
but there's not a bloody thing he can do about it without going to prison.
Then he'll still not have done anything about it.

Karin

Larry December 23rd 06 05:29 AM

Australian customs flaw

"KLC Lewis" wrote in news:pdSdnTVyR4cy-
:

Then he'll still not have done anything about it.

Karin

I've already done something. I've informed and gotten many started talking
about it, who were not previously. Information, as Aaron Russo has done
with his film, is most dangerous to the shadow government....

At some point, as you need a wheelbarrow to buy simple foods to carry the
worthless paper money in, the stupid public will pull its collective head
out of the sand and the long-delayed cycle of revolution will repeat
itself. Government is working very hard to prepare, with HAARP weapon
research and chemical distribution systems to put the public into a trance
state to control them.

Of course, there'd be nothing to stop them from merely adding more
circuitry to the implanted RFID chips planned for mandatory distribution.
We'll all obey if our brains explode on command from the RFID system, won't
we? Humans are professional survivalists.....

(Go watch the old scifi movie "Logan's Run". The author, like George
Orwell, only had the DATE wrong for its implementation.)