John Helgerson

Default Silicone Removal

I had new Lexan windows installed. The installer left smears of silicone on
the windows. How can I remove the silicone smears from the plastic windows?

Thank,

John

Iansnewsgroups

if the silicon is still fresh and the smear is small, it may come off
with just a vigorous rub of the finger, otherwise try using a razor
blade (or another vigorous rub) to carefully lift the edge of a smear
and see if you can pull it off from the corner

Jim Woodward

1) Call the installer and have him or her make it right.

2) if #1 fails, 3M makes a Caulk Remover that will remove silicone. I
don't have any idea what it will do to your windows...

Here's the URL, but a search on "3M caulk remover" is probably easier.

http://products3.3m.com/catalog/us/e...er/output_html

Jim Woodward
www.mvFintry.com

"John Helgerson" wrote in message ...
I had new Lexan windows installed. The installer left smears of silicone on
the windows. How can I remove the silicone smears from the plastic windows?

Thank,

John

Brian Whatcott

Next time, use masking tape to define the grout line. Both sides.
Leaves a neat edge.

Brian W

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:17:41 -0300, "John Helgerson"
wrote:

I had new Lexan windows installed. The installer left smears of silicone on
the windows. How can I remove the silicone smears from the plastic windows?

Thank,

John

Sikkens Cetol Removal Nancy Murphy General 3 April 18th 04 06:33 PM
letter removal from hull RB General 20 March 31st 04 07:37 AM
flywheel removal quetion mercury outboard 1986 200 mike General 1 March 27th 04 07:50 PM
1988 mercury 175 cowling removal rgdavico General 1 January 12th 04 06:17 AM
Yanmare 2qm20 raw water pump removal trey General 2 September 3rd 03 02:30 AM