Default Slip fees

On 9 Dec 2006 14:40:04 -0800, wrote:

I am in Clearwater, Fl and pay $4.81 a ft. with water and electric.

Yes but Clearwater is above the frosty line and way into ultra skinny
water.

Brrrrr.

D#!*! And I thought I had thin blood. :-)

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On 9 Dec 2006 14:40:04 -0800, wrote:

I am in Clearwater, Fl and pay $4.81 a ft. with water and electric.

Yes but Clearwater is above the frosty line and way into ultra skinny
water.

Brrrrr.

Oooooops.

We call that NFL down here. Come to SWFL and warm up. :-)

Priced for the year and based on slip size rather than vessel, Baltimore is
$7 per foot per month.

"Cal Vanize" wrote in message

We have a great deal on the current slip for our 26' sailboat
($5.25/ft/month with power and water). Our future "home port" would also
be in that general price range (+/-).

But as we look around for a liveaboard / cruising boat, we're curious
about slip and mooring fees along the East Coast, Gulf of Mexico and some
destinations in the Carribbean.

It seems pretty obvious that it isn't going to be $5.25/ft/month. ;-)

TIA for any info.

Looks rather cheap by Boston standards. No one goes by monthly rates
here; its always quoted by the season. Rates for the 6 month summer
season is well over $100 per foot for all of the marinas close to the
city - $140 in several, $180 in the fancy one downtown. Even the
"less desirable" marinas have crept up in price as they got filled and
are now over a hundred. Plus most carefully measure and charge for
the bow roller or davit, or charge for what the slip is "rated for."
Electricity is metered, live aboards get extra fees, etc.

About $150/ft in Annapolis, but our electricity is included. It's a
year-round slip if you wanted to leave it in, but we have ours pulled for
work and winterization.

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 19:14:23 -0500, "Bill Kearney"
wrote:

Looks rather cheap by Boston standards. No one goes by monthly rates
here; its always quoted by the season. Rates for the 6 month summer
season is well over $100 per foot for all of the marinas close to the
city - $140 in several, $180 in the fancy one downtown. Even the
"less desirable" marinas have crept up in price as they got filled and
are now over a hundred. Plus most carefully measure and charge for
the bow roller or davit, or charge for what the slip is "rated for."
Electricity is metered, live aboards get extra fees, etc.

About $150/ft in Annapolis, but our electricity is included. It's a
year-round slip if you wanted to leave it in, but we have ours pulled for
work and winterization.

200 to 400 euros per season per 30ft in Finland and Sweden Including
water and electricity. Less in yachting club harbor (but most clubs
would expect you to take part in night guard at least once per
season).

Mika

Haluatko lähettää postia? Vaihda osoitteen
eka (vai oliko se toka?) numero vitonen numeroksi
kahdeksan...

I just got my bill for mooring at the Ala Wai Boat Harbor in Honolulu.

Mooring fee = $97.80
Live-aboard fee = $141.75
Electricity = $11
Total = $244.55 per month

My boat is an Albin Vega 27. Ala Wai is a State-run harbor located in
Waikiki with a wait list of about 5 to 7 years. Private harbors in
Hawaii charge about twice as much.

Chuck Rose
SV Lealea, V1860
Honolulu
http://americanvega.org

"Cal Vanize" wrote in message

We have a great deal on the current slip for our 26' sailboat
($5.25/ft/month with power and water). Our future "home port" would also
be in that general price range (+/-).

But as we look around for a liveaboard / cruising boat, we're curious
about slip and mooring fees along the East Coast, Gulf of Mexico and some
destinations in the Carribbean.

It seems pretty obvious that it isn't going to be $5.25/ft/month. ;-)

TIA for any info.

In the RI area it varies somewhat, but I pay about $100/foot for ~ 6 months
just north of Newport or about ~ $16/foot/month, but you can't get just a
month at that price.

In Hilton Head where my vessel is now, it is about the same as that for the
whole year ~ $8 - $10/foot/month

Marinette Wisconsin, figured at the entire year average (whole season slip
with utilities, winter haul-out and outdoor storage, spring relaunch), I pay
about $285 per month for a Rawson 30 on a 35 foot slip.

Vancouver, BC:

- right on English Bay, False Creek, essentially downtown. $8 -
11/ft/month for 20-40' boats

- my slip on the Fraser River, about 7 miles upstream from the ocean,
$5/ft/month including a bit of power

Evan Gatehouse

St. Helens Oregon on the Columbia River.

I have my 37' Tartan in a 50' slip for $710 for a six-month lease. That
works out to $188 per month, not counting shore power.

New concrete dock on steel piling, no live aboard. Free showers next
door at the public docks. Leave the slip and set your sails.

Jay Kerr
Tartan 37 "Rainbow"
Hull # 118 fin keel
St. Helens, OR