Default US Coast Guard - Boat Crew Seamanship Manual

The US Coast Guard - Boat Crew Seamanship Manual was posted Friday to
alt.binaries.e-book.technical
by someone else.

Just in case you'd like to see it.....

It's in pdf format and is quite large, meaning it must have lots of
pictures. I haven't downloaded it, yet, but is scheduled for tonight.

On the subject list, it starts with:

US Coast Guard - Boat Crew Seamanship Manual.pdf

"claus" wrote in
:

I downloadad the manual - it is a great reference book (1242 pages). I
am loading it on my "boat laptop" (where I also keep the latest charts
and other goodies).

Thank you , Larrt, for this tip

It probably would be "politically correct" to have one of its important
pages about rules-of-the-road onscreen as the Coasties board the boat to
inspect your Y-valve and fire extinguishers.....(c;

Show them you care, ya know....(c;

--
There's amazing intelligence in the Universe.
You can tell because none of them ever called Earth.

FYI, there are many Coast Guard manuals posted online at
http://www.uscg.mil/ccs/cit/cim/directives/cim.html

This may be easier to access. The Boat Crew Seamanship manual at that
site is from 2003 and has 888 pages. Is it the same?

Steve Hayes
Augusta, Maine

Larry wrote:
The US Coast Guard - Boat Crew Seamanship Manual was posted Friday to
alt.binaries.e-book.technical
by someone else.

Just in case you'd like to see it.....

It's in pdf format and is quite large, meaning it must have lots of
pictures. I haven't downloaded it, yet, but is scheduled for tonight.

On the subject list, it starts with:

US Coast Guard - Boat Crew Seamanship Manual.pdf

"steve_hayes_maine" wrote in message
oups.com...
FYI, there are many Coast Guard manuals posted online at
http://www.uscg.mil/ccs/cit/cim/directives/cim.html

This may be easier to access. The Boat Crew Seamanship manual at that
site is from 2003 and has 888 pages. Is it the same?

Steve Hayes
Augusta, Maine

Steve,

When I "click" on any of the links on the a.m. URL, I get the following
response "The system cannot find the file specified.".

So, I will stick with the complete manual that Larry pointed me to - or am I
missing something?

cvj

On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 01:34:04 -0400, Larry wrote:

"claus" wrote in
:

I downloadad the manual - it is a great reference book (1242 pages). I
am loading it on my "boat laptop" (where I also keep the latest charts
and other goodies).

Thank you , Larrt, for this tip

It probably would be "politically correct" to have one of its important
pages about rules-of-the-road onscreen as the Coasties board the boat to
inspect your Y-valve and fire extinguishers.....(c;

Do they actually check your Y-valve is not positioned for discharge to
the sea

Mika

Haluatko lähettää postia? Vaihda osoitteen
eka (vai oliko se toka?) numero vitonen numeroksi
kahdeksan...

"claus" wrote in message
. ..

"steve_hayes_maine" wrote in message
oups.com...
FYI, there are many Coast Guard manuals posted online at
http://www.uscg.mil/ccs/cit/cim/directives/cim.html

This may be easier to access. The Boat Crew Seamanship manual at that
site is from 2003 and has 888 pages. Is it the same?

Steve Hayes
Augusta, Maine

Steve,

When I "click" on any of the links on the a.m. URL, I get the following
response "The system cannot find the file specified.".

So, I will stick with the complete manual that Larry pointed me to - or am
I missing something?

cvj

I had no problem downloading it from the cg website.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

In article ,
"claus" wrote:

"steve_hayes_maine" wrote in message
oups.com...
FYI, there are many Coast Guard manuals posted online at
http://www.uscg.mil/ccs/cit/cim/directives/cim.html

This may be easier to access. The Boat Crew Seamanship manual at
that site is from 2003 and has 888 pages. Is it the same?

When I "click" on any of the links on the a.m. URL, I get the
following response "The system cannot find the file specified.".

try http://www.uscg.mil/ccs/cit/cim/directives/CIM/CIM_16114_5C.pdf

I'm d/l'ing all 31 mb as I type.

--
Jere Lull
Bob Bob is offline

Larry wrote:
The US Coast Guard - Boat Crew Seamanship Manual was posted Friday to

Hi Lary:

Thanks for the heads up...

down loaded the 30 meg+ document at my local print shop. they printed
on some nice thick slick paper on both sides. I seperated into a few
sections (volumes) and had it spiral wire bound.

total cost $40.

Looks and feels real cool.

Thanks,
book binder Bob