Ron Thornton

Default How many boats does it take

This weekend the City of Hampton VA allowed 2 million gallons of raw
sewage to wash into the James River just outside the Chesapeake Bay.
The cause was 3 inches of rain fall. They must have never heard of
berms like all the private petroleum companies have to have around their
tanks. Of coarse the city is exempt from any sanctions. I wonder how
many boats does it take to produce 2 million gallons of sewage.
Somethings wrong with this picture.

Ron

Keith

Yep, and they keep making no discharge zones where on-board treatment
systems like the Lectrasan can't be used, even though they treat waste
better than the municipal plants. We keep trying to get the Saxton bill
through, but hasn't made it yet.

--

Keith
__
"Ron Thornton" wrote in message
This weekend the City of Hampton VA allowed 2 million gallons of raw
sewage to wash into the James River just outside the Chesapeake Bay.
The cause was 3 inches of rain fall. They must have never heard of
berms like all the private petroleum companies have to have around their
tanks. Of coarse the city is exempt from any sanctions. I wonder how
many boats does it take to produce 2 million gallons of sewage.
Somethings wrong with this picture.

Ron

Larry

Boats don't produce "sewage", a mixture of dangerous chemicals, heavy
metals, amazingly toxic biology bred by long trips in hot pipes
underground.

Boats produce the same thing as whales, bottlenosed dolphins, and a
billion other species that dump into the sea soup mix of recyclable
materials........unless you put it in a holding tank and TURN it into
sewage with chemical crap out of a bottle and store it for a month.
THEN, it's sewage!

Human waste is just as much food, on a much smaller scale, as whale
waste if you flush it directly overboard.

Of course, we're brainwashed from birth to think that anything
associated with "down there" is filthy, nasty, dirty and, most of all,
ungodly unless it produces a new revenue source for religion to be
exploited.

Human urine is one of the most germ free substances on earth!

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 18:20:20 -0400 (EDT), (Ron
Thornton) wrote:

This weekend the City of Hampton VA allowed 2 million gallons of raw
sewage to wash into the James River just outside the Chesapeake Bay.
The cause was 3 inches of rain fall. They must have never heard of
berms like all the private petroleum companies have to have around their
tanks. Of coarse the city is exempt from any sanctions. I wonder how
many boats does it take to produce 2 million gallons of sewage.
Somethings wrong with this picture.

Ron

Larry

Extremely intelligent life must exist in the universe.
You can tell because they never tried to contact us.

Jere Lull

Ron Thornton wrote:

This weekend the City of Hampton VA allowed 2 million gallons of raw
sewage to wash into the James River just outside the Chesapeake Bay.
The cause was 3 inches of rain fall. They must have never heard of
berms like all the private petroleum companies have to have around their
tanks. Of coarse the city is exempt from any sanctions. I wonder how
many boats does it take to produce 2 million gallons of sewage.
Somethings wrong with this picture.

Ron

vbg about 25,000 with our admittedly oversized holding tank. It's
probably closer to 100,000 boats pumping straight out for that day and
much of THAT would be considered okay if directly "discharged" without
benefit of the MSD, so figure about a quarter of a million boats......

--
Jere Lull

ouch

I don't disagree with your attitude- but your "facts" are suspect -
next to your colon, your bladder lining is the biggest shedder of dead
cells - ie. **** in a bowl, cover with saran wrap for 2-3 weeks and
drink that - how about even smell that.

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 00:40:55 GMT, (Larry) wrote:

Human urine is one of the most germ free substances on earth!

Larry

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 20:37:52 -0700, ouch wrote:

I don't disagree with your attitude- but your "facts" are suspect -
next to your colon, your bladder lining is the biggest shedder of dead
cells - ie. **** in a bowl, cover with saran wrap for 2-3 weeks and
drink that - how about even smell that.

Point is....we're the only species on the planet that makes it a crime
to **** in the water. Billions of marine life thinks nothing of it
and hasn't for billions of years. According to your theory, the ocean
should be brown by now, not that azure blue and so clear you can see
the bottom in 100' of water.

What do you think the crabs and shrimp eat, crab and shrimp
food?...(c;

Human waste, like every other animal waste on the planet is made for
nature to RECYCLE!....not turned into chemical sewage with a 20,000
year half-life.

The Japanese haul it out of their outhouses and fertilize their food
with it! Notice how many Japanese there are? It works!

Larry

Extremely intelligent life must exist in the universe.
You can tell because they never tried to contact us.

Peggie Hall

Berms would do more to pollute the water than to prevent
pollution...because, unlike oil which has to be contained and retrieved,
dilution--which would be prevented if the tidal and current flow were
blocked by berms--is essential in both waste treatment AND spill recovery.

Yours is just one more example of the kind of knee-jerk emotional
reaction without any knowledge to back it up that the environmental
extremists count on to support their own self-serving agendae.

Peggie
----------
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://www.seaworthy.com/html/get_ri...oat_odors.html

Ron Thornton wrote:
This weekend the City of Hampton VA allowed 2 million gallons of raw
sewage to wash into the James River just outside the Chesapeake Bay.
The cause was 3 inches of rain fall. They must have never heard of
berms like all the private petroleum companies have to have around their
tanks. Of coarse the city is exempt from any sanctions. I wonder how
many boats does it take to produce 2 million gallons of sewage.
Somethings wrong with this picture.

Ron

Steve

ouch wrote in message . ..
I don't disagree with your attitude- but your "facts" are suspect -
next to your colon, your bladder lining is the biggest shedder of dead
cells - ie. **** in a bowl, cover with saran wrap for 2-3 weeks and
drink that - how about even smell that.

Your urine should be sterile on exit, if its not you are ill. Of
course it smells after a while, that's because lots of bugs eat it.
Any nutritious substance smells after a while.

What has dead cells got to do with anything; the sea is full of cells
many of them structured into wondeful organisms !
Wwj2110

the problem is not "if" we **** in the water but "where we **** in the water".
Out in the deep water mother nature can handle an occasional dump. Where we get
into trouble is when we discharge into slow moving creeks or close to beaches
that dont see alot of current. The thing that bothers me is that where I live,
all of the municipal sewage treatment plants are built on small creeks. Its
rare to see a creek anymore that does'nt look grey. I dont think that people
realize that creeks dont naturally look grey.
Fred Miller

"Ron Thornton" wrote in message
This weekend the City of Hampton VA allowed 2 million gallons of raw
sewage to wash into the James River just outside the Chesapeake Bay.
The cause was 3 inches of rain fall. They must have never heard of
berms like all the private petroleum companies have to have around their
tanks. Of coarse the city is exempt from any sanctions. I wonder how
many boats does it take to produce 2 million gallons of sewage.
Somethings wrong with this picture.

year the

The whole thing pales by comparison to what has happened on the Great Lakes.
Last year the cities of Milwaukee, Racine and Kenosha dumped in excess of
TWO BILLION GALLONS of untreated sewerage into Lake Michigan!!!

Lund Avery Hightower General 6 June 4th 04 05:14 PM
VEC build techniques to become more prevalent Gould 0738 General 0 December 9th 03 02:03 AM
Sea Ray Boats, Mid-Atlantic Dealers Announce Post-Hurricane Recovery Initiatives bomar General 0 October 2nd 03 10:15 PM
Is sailing becoming extinct? Don White General 14 August 12th 03 12:38 AM
Marina fire destroys 25 boats near Orlando -v- General 1 July 27th 03 09:43 PM