Greg Sharpe

Default Advice on wiring systems

Does any one know where I can find info on wiring systems? particualy dual
alternators and solar panels to dual battery banks some where to start would
be helpful ...

djmarchand

Dennis offered good advice when he suggested picking up books on boat
electrical systems.

I have been a boater/cruiser for many years and am just now beginning to
follow this newsgroup to learn more about RVing. I hope I don't offend
anyone by saying that boat electrical systems are often much more
sophisticated than RV systems. They have tackled the issues of chargers,
inverters, gensets, solar panels, engine driven alternators, multiple
battery banks, battery isolators/combiners, etc., etc.

Boat electrical systems have to deal with all of the issues of RV systems
but a few more unique to the marine environment- electrolysis for one. So,
if you set up an RV to ABYC (American Boating and Yachting Council)
standards as described in the books Dennis recommended, you will have a very
good system.

David

Jere Lull

Subject: Advice on wiring systems
From: "Greg Sharpe"

Does any one know where I can find info on wiring systems? particualy dual
alternators and solar panels to dual battery banks some where to start would
be helpful ...

Powerboaters Guide to Electrical systems
Ed Sherman

Boatowners Illustrated Handbook of wiring
Charlie Wing

Would be two good books to start with. West Marine has them both.

Sailboat Electrics Simplified Don Casey fills in and explains some things that
aren't quite clear in the other two.

West Marine has this one also, pull up a chair and read them all and decide
which suits you best.

Ed Sherman is an instructor for the ABYC electrical certification course and
his writing is reflects the standards.

Hope this helps

Charlie Wing's what our surveyor suggested. He was on the electical
committee and has the full recommendations on the same shelf, but uses
Wing as his quick look-up. It was well thumbed-through 10 years ago.

--
Jere Lull

Jim Richardson

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 23:27:13 GMT,
Greg Sharpe wrote:
Does any one know where I can find info on wiring systems? particualy dual
alternators and solar panels to dual battery banks some where to start would
be helpful ...

http://www.amplepower.com for one source of info.

Linux, because eventually, you grow up enough to be trusted with a fork()