Jere Lull

Default Advice on wiring systems

Den73740 wrote:

Subject: Advice on wiring systems
From: "Greg Sharpe"

Does any one know where I can find info on wiring systems? particualy dual
alternators and solar panels to dual battery banks some where to start would
be helpful ...

Powerboaters Guide to Electrical systems
Ed Sherman

Boatowners Illustrated Handbook of wiring
Charlie Wing

Would be two good books to start with. West Marine has them both.

Sailboat Electrics Simplified Don Casey fills in and explains some things that
aren't quite clear in the other two.

West Marine has this one also, pull up a chair and read them all and decide
which suits you best.

Ed Sherman is an instructor for the ABYC electrical certification course and
his writing is reflects the standards.

Hope this helps

Charlie Wing's what our surveyor suggested. He was on the electical
committee and has the full recommendations on the same shelf, but uses
Wing as his quick look-up. It was well thumbed-through 10 years ago.

--
Jere Lull