djmarchand

Default Advice on wiring systems

Dennis offered good advice when he suggested picking up books on boat
electrical systems.

I have been a boater/cruiser for many years and am just now beginning to
follow this newsgroup to learn more about RVing. I hope I don't offend
anyone by saying that boat electrical systems are often much more
sophisticated than RV systems. They have tackled the issues of chargers,
inverters, gensets, solar panels, engine driven alternators, multiple
battery banks, battery isolators/combiners, etc., etc.

Boat electrical systems have to deal with all of the issues of RV systems
but a few more unique to the marine environment- electrolysis for one. So,
if you set up an RV to ABYC (American Boating and Yachting Council)
standards as described in the books Dennis recommended, you will have a very
good system.

David