Default Sighting of R/V Tioga

Hey Roger - I was sitting on the Edgartown town dock finishing some
fish 'n chips when the R/V Tioga from Woods Hole tied up. It looked
rather spiffy! I walked over to the captain and asked if this was a
Roger Long design, and he started going on about the virtues of the
"Challenger Class."

The captain got distracted by taking on passengers so I said my thanks
and backed away. Someone else walked up to me and asked, "So which
one is the Senator?" I didn't see Kennedy or Kerry, so I assume it
was a RI or CT senator (or maybe just a State Senator) that was being
taken aboard.

She's a real nice looking vessel. Any thoughts for a recreational
version? ;-)
http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/WHOIrv.htm

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 21:05:02 -0400, Jeff wrote:

I was sitting on the Edgartown town dock finishing some
fish 'n chips when the R/V Tioga from Woods Hole tied up.

Is there any WiFi internet service in Edgartown this year?

"Jeff" wrote

She's a real nice looking vessel. Any thoughts for a recreational
version? ;-)
http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/WHOIrv.htm

Sure, it would make a great yacht. Just send a check for two million
dollars to the address on my web site and I'll have it delivered to
any North American East Coast address.

If you want a fancy wood yacht interior, we should talk first and you
should plan on a good chunk of another million.

If you need a little more room, here's the next one:

http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/UMDconcept.htm

--

Roger Long

Wayne.B wrote:
On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 21:05:02 -0400, Jeff wrote:

I was sitting on the Edgartown town dock finishing some
fish 'n chips when the R/V Tioga from Woods Hole tied up.

Is there any WiFi internet service in Edgartown this year?

I don't know about Edgartown, we're on a mooring in Vineyard Haven now
and my Linksys-G card is not picking up any signal. I've been using
my Blackberry as a modem - not broadband, but a bit faster than
dialup. A nice thing about the 'berry is that we can get the nexrad
radar on the screen while we're ashore, so we know if someone has to
rush back to close the hatches! Its also easy to use at the helm so I
can read newsgroups while driving. So far this summer, I've had a
good signal everywhere we've been in MA: Salem Bay, Cape Ann, P-Town,
Buzzards Bay, and now the Vineyard, plus almost all of the time in
transit. The only quirk is that I can't FTP or do other non-HTML
transfers; I'll have to talk to t-mobile about that. I wonder if
Catherine Zeta-Jones is working the support lines?

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 07:08:03 -0400, Jeff wrote:

Wayne.B wrote:
[...]

Thanks. We had no luck with WiFi connectivity in either Vineyard
Haven or Edgartown last year but Edgartown was rumored to be working
on something for the future. Unfortunately I need a broadband
connection if I'm working from the boat.

"Roger Long" wrote in news:tJhIg.23867$uH6.18768
@twister.nyroc.rr.com:

I get Weather Channel Doppler radar and forecasts on my Verizon cell
phone. It's great for all the same reasons.

AAACCKK!! Ernesto is turning towards the FLYING PIG in TAMPA!

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/hur_dir/hur_pos_nt5.html

--
There's amazing intelligence in the Universe.
You can tell because none of them ever called Earth.

On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 11:31:53 -0400, Larry wrote:

AAACCKK!! Ernesto is turning towards the FLYING PIG in TAMPA!

And a well known GB 49 further south.

:-(

Rocky Cantos Sighting! [email protected] General 4 March 27th 06 09:23 PM
Skookum 53 Sighting Wayne.B General 16 January 4th 06 08:39 PM
Great white sighting off Cape Cod Christopher General 8 September 27th 04 02:24 PM
TR - Deer Creek, Cougar Sighting! Bill Tuthill General 1 April 20th 04 08:28 PM