Roger Long Roger Long is offline

Default Sighting of R/V Tioga

I get Weather Channel Doppler radar and forecasts on my Verizon cell
phone. It's great for all the same reasons.

--

Roger Long

"Jeff" wrote in message
Wayne.B wrote:
On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 21:05:02 -0400, Jeff wrote:

I was sitting on the Edgartown town dock finishing some fish 'n
chips when the R/V Tioga from Woods Hole tied up.

Is there any WiFi internet service in Edgartown this year?

I don't know about Edgartown, we're on a mooring in Vineyard Haven
now and my Linksys-G card is not picking up any signal. I've been
using my Blackberry as a modem - not broadband, but a bit faster
than dialup. A nice thing about the 'berry is that we can get the
nexrad radar on the screen while we're ashore, so we know if someone
has to rush back to close the hatches! Its also easy to use at the
helm so I can read newsgroups while driving. So far this summer,
I've had a good signal everywhere we've been in MA: Salem Bay, Cape
Ann, P-Town, Buzzards Bay, and now the Vineyard, plus almost all of
the time in transit. The only quirk is that I can't FTP or do other
non-HTML transfers; I'll have to talk to t-mobile about that. I
wonder if Catherine Zeta-Jones is working the support lines?