Synergy

Default engine oil extractor

I use the Jabsco Little Pal Pump and it works fine. One of the tricks I use
to minimize spills is placing a cheap plastic paint tray liner from Home
Depot underneath the engine. It's especially handy when I remove the oil
filter. No more problems with oil in my bilge and it costs less than a
buck!

Louis
s/v Synergy
Westsail 32 #679

"Courtney Thomas" wrote in message
What engine oil extractor is recommended ?

Thank you.

Keith

Forget all those vacuum pump things and get a Jabsco oil change pump. It
comes mounted on top of a 3 gallon pail, which you might replace with a 5
gallon if you want to change a couple of engines at a time, or if you have a
big diesel.

--

Keith
__
"Courtney Thomas" wrote in message
What engine oil extractor is recommended ?

Thank you.

Spamfreedom

I am toying with a FRAM "Sure Drain".

just a FYI thought on this, I have a brass quick drain connector mechanism on
the oil pan on my planes. I put new ones in every few years. These have
allegedly been known to vibrate the guts out of them in flight allowing the oil
to run out. Just something to remember when having a mechanical oil
plug.....I classify this under the "Things that make you go hmmmm"
category....tally ho....FWIW
Dennis O'Connor

I have a quick drains on the oil pans on my twin engine aircraft... They
have ~3,000 operating hours and a couple of decades each, on them without
any leakage whatever...

Denny

"Spamfreedom" wrote in message
I am toying with a FRAM "Sure Drain".

Brian Whatcott

I fiited fuel quickdrains on an airplane, and used them every flight,
trouble free for 5 years.
This FRAM deal has a blanking cap, so that worry is avoided - but it's
true, the aircraft style quick drain relies on double seals, , and if
they both let go, you are in trouble, no doubt.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK
p.s. You copied this to my email address, using your dummy address -
so my response bounced.....