Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Roger Long

Default Hey Larry (or anyone else with IC expertises)

Like a mystery?

I’m cannibalizing two identical bicycle LED strobe units for my MOB
pole. The circuit boards have a push button that cycles between
Flash – Steady – Off but are set up so they are ON and flashing as
soon as power is applied such as when you first put the batteries in.
I want flashing so I’m just ignoring the switch and switching the
power to the boards.

As I’m sure you know, soldering little things like this isn’t for the
faint of heart so I’m testing at each step. The first one came out
perfectly. The second won’t go on. I tried with just one battery
(running out of ideas) and it goes on! It’s flashing although at half
brightness. With one and one half volts, it works. With the proper 3
volts, nada. The first one also works with one battery at half
brightness.

What do you think gives?

--

Roger Long

Cyclone Larry huts OZ Joe ASA 0 March 20th 06 02:18 AM
Hot water question for Larry Roger Long Cruising 19 March 17th 06 08:40 PM
ping Larry MMC Cruising 16 March 9th 06 04:40 AM
Grist for the discussion mill....(long)... [email protected] General 3 January 24th 06 04:17 AM