Stephen Trapani

Default Hey Larry (or anyone else with IC expertises)

Roger Long wrote:

Yes, there is the little circuit board you can see he

http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/MOB.htm

If you put the voltage directly to it, it is steady.

I think it was probably defective before I started tinkering with it.
I forgot before I posted that I hadn't tested it as it came out of the
box.

I just determined that one board handles two LED's so I'm just wiring
them up in series. That will actually be better. The other way would
have provided some redundancy but the light wouldn't really have
appeared to flash but just change intensity. This will be much
clearer.

The LED's are very bright but the beam is focused. I'm going to aim
them both up the pole, one on each side, for 360 degree coverage. The
side lobe will be plenty bright on a dark night and the focused beams
should shine on the white shaft and up to the flag making the while
thing quite recognizable and visible.

How will you make it waterproof?

--
Stephen

-------

For any proposition there is always some sufficiently narrow
interpretation of its terms, such that it turns out true, and
some sufficiently wide interpretation such that it turns out
false...concept stretching will refute *any* statement, and will
leave no true statement whatsoever.
-- Imre Lakatos