Roger Long

Default Hey Larry (or anyone else with IC expertises)

All will be revealed he

http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/MOB.htm

I was originally going to just attach the light to the pole with some
silicone caulking to beef up the seams but I'm trying to make the
upper part of the pole as light as possible and maximum ballast
(batteries at the bottom therefore) so that it will stand up in strong
winds.

Crew loss is most likely in rough weather so what's the point of a
pole that blows flat in the water?

--

Roger Long

"Dennis Pogson" wrote in message
Dennis Pogson wrote:
Stephen Trapani wrote:
Roger Long wrote:

Yes, there is the little circuit board you can see he

http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/MOB.htm

If you put the voltage directly to it, it is steady.

I think it was probably defective before I started tinkering with
it. I forgot before I posted that I hadn't tested it as it came
out
of the box.

I just determined that one board handles two LED's so I'm just
wiring them up in series. That will actually be better. The
other
way would have provided some redundancy but the light wouldn't
really have appeared to flash but just change intensity. This
will be much clearer.

The LED's are very bright but the beam is focused. I'm going to
aim
them both up the pole, one on each side, for 360 degree coverage.
The side lobe will be plenty bright on a dark night and the
focused
beams should shine on the white shaft and up to the flag making
the
while thing quite recognizable and visible.

How will you make it waterproof?

Good question. That's exactly what I was thinking!

Dennis.

Curious to know why you didn't just leave the bike light intact.
They are
reasonably watertight and weigh practically nothing.

Dennis