Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Dene

Default Upgrade to this 26' Seaswirl??

Here is my boat. We paid 20k for it. Other than a prop, it has required no
upkeep.

http://tinyurl.com/7vaya

Here is the boat we're considering....

http://tinyurl.com/c6orm

Here are the reasons why.....

1. 6'5" enclosed cabin. The only reason to go below is to sleep or use the
enclosed head. Whereas on my pocket cruiser, I have to crouch everywhere.

2. Supposedly more fuel efficient with the dual prop outdrive. Definitely
tracks better at slower speed.

3. All weather, windowed cabin instead of canvas, more suitable for the
Pacific NorthWest.

4. Quieter, due to foamed hulls.

5. Dialed in with all the electronic goodies.

Downside......$465/mo. vs. $183/mo.

What do you fellas think?

-Greg