posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Dene

Default Change in plans

At six this morning, this boat popped into my computer screen, beckoning
me.....

http://tinyurl.com/axysw

Then we looked at it and fell in love. Sleeping on it tonight, then will
likely offer $27,500. 2nd owner has a baby on the way and is taking a break
from boating. 400 hours on the boat but 200 hours on a new long-block 5.7.
Reason....1st owner failed to winterize. Compared to our boat, here are the
favorable points....

1. Bravo 3 vs. Alpha drive

2. Superior cockpit layout, notably my wife is sitting next to me at the
helm, facing forward, instead of sitting sideways on the port side. Also,
there is a perfect spot in front of her to mount the laptop, which we use
for gps and chart plotting (Nobeltec).
Finally, this boat has a dining table topside instead of a wasted wet bar.

3. Cabin. I can walk around the thing, even pee like a man. No more
backaches. Only downside is that the midberth isn't as wide as our 25'
Starcraft. A cozy double instead of full. We or me might end up on the
v-berth.

4. Storage/galley/sound system/hull design (deep V instead of modified V)
all add up in the Maxum's favor.

Downside....temporarily owning 3 boats.

-Greg