posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Calif Bill

Default Upgrade to this 26' Seaswirl??

"RCE" wrote in message

"Dene" wrote in message
Here is my boat. We paid 20k for it. Other than a prop, it has required
no
upkeep.

http://tinyurl.com/7vaya

Here is the boat we're considering....

http://tinyurl.com/c6orm

Here are the reasons why.....

1. 6'5" enclosed cabin. The only reason to go below is to sleep or use
the
enclosed head. Whereas on my pocket cruiser, I have to crouch
everywhere.

2. Supposedly more fuel efficient with the dual prop outdrive.
Definitely
tracks better at slower speed.

3. All weather, windowed cabin instead of canvas, more suitable for the
Pacific NorthWest.

4. Quieter, due to foamed hulls.

5. Dialed in with all the electronic goodies.

Downside......$465/mo. vs. $183/mo.

What do you fellas think?

-Greg

My opinion? Forget the single engine outdrive and invest your money in a
twin engined inboard with rudders. You will never look back.

RCE

I do not think many of those are trailerable.