just me

Default ft. lauderdale marina help

Can anyone suggest/recommend a good reasonably priced marina in Ft.
Lauderdale? Or am I dreaming??

A H FOSTER

. ..

--

Try Summerfield.

Summerfield Boat Works
(954) 525-4726

1601 Sw 14th Ct
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312

Capt. Bill

krj

A H FOSTER wrote:
"just me" wrote in message
. ..

Can anyone suggest/recommend a good reasonably priced marina in Ft.
Lauderdale? Or am I dreaming??

--

Try Summerfield.

Summerfield Boat Works
(954) 525-4726

1601 Sw 14th Ct
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312

Capt. Bill

Sorry,
Summerfield was sold last year and they are putting in a megayacht
marina and clubhouse. If they can buy the other properties around they
will put in condos.
krj
A H FOSTER

"krj" wrote in message
A H FOSTER wrote:
"just me" wrote in message
. ..

Can anyone suggest/recommend a good reasonably priced marina in Ft.
Lauderdale? Or am I dreaming??

--

Try Summerfield.

Summerfield Boat Works
(954) 525-4726

1601 Sw 14th Ct
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312

Capt. Bill

Sorry,
Summerfield was sold last year and they are putting in a megayacht marina
and clubhouse. If they can buy the other properties around they will put
in condos.
krj

True. But according to their web site they are remaining open during that
time. But I'm not in Lauderdale so I can't say for sure. Are you there? Are
they closed down completely?

Capt. Bill

Wayne.B

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 09:55:48 -0600, "just me"
wrote:

Can anyone suggest/recommend a good reasonably priced marina in Ft.
Lauderdale? Or am I dreaming??

You might take a look at Jackson Marine Center. I was there once
looking at boats and it struck me as possibly being less expensive
than most although they may not be fully recovered from hurricane
damage.

Probably the best bargains in Lauderdale are at private homes with
docks along the New River and adjoining canals. Check the local
newspaper ads for rentals. There may also be some docks available in
the Kendrick Isles neighborhood near Las Olas Blvd.

krj

wrote:

Can anyone suggest/recommend a good reasonably priced marina in Ft.
Lauderdale? Or am I dreaming??

You might take a look at Jackson Marine Center. I was there once
looking at boats and it struck me as possibly being less expensive
than most although they may not be fully recovered from hurricane
damage.

Probably the best bargains in Lauderdale are at private homes with
docks along the New River and adjoining canals. Check the local
newspaper ads for rentals. There may also be some docks available in
the Kendrick Isles neighborhood near Las Olas Blvd.

There is a fixed bridge (I-95) which is 55' clearance going to Jackson
Marine.. Best bet is Coolys Landing if you can get a spot. They are full
most of the time. There are also a couple on the Dania Cutoff canal,
can't remember the names.
krj
Ed

how long a stay and do you want to live aboard?

Long stay (over a month) and no live aboard you can do a private home.
Go to the Sun sentinel classifieds. NFB within 20 minutes from an
inlet you can get a private home for 400-600 per month in season or out.

If you fit that desciption and don't plan to do a refit while at the
dock, drop me an email. I may have a friend with an open backyard.
ed at estrobel . com

If you want to live aboard... the only private homes you can use are on
Hendricks Isle or the street next to it. They are the only ones with
sewer and the city allows liveaboards there. Or you can pay for a
marina. BTW... Summerfields is open but only until their permits are
approved.

Theft from Boat in marina bert ASA 2 December 18th 05 07:26 PM
On topic (sorry): A Visit to Schooner Cove [email protected] General 2 December 14th 05 03:45 AM
Marina rip offs and horror stories. Eric Cruising 7 December 1st 05 03:46 AM
Thinking of becoming a live aboard richard Cruising 27 November 3rd 05 09:27 PM
Marina Mazatlan Barry Morrison Cruising 0 October 6th 05 01:37 AM