DSK

Default dingy question - another Porta-Bote fan (in depth review)

Larry wrote:
Ah, the simple pleasure of cranking an old Seagull you can fix yourself
in any cove on the planet.

With only a hammer

DSK

Don White

DSK wrote:
Larry wrote:

Ah, the simple pleasure of cranking an old Seagull you can fix
yourself in any cove on the planet.

With only a hammer

DSK

As long as you're not choking on the 10:1 gas/oil ratio.
Can't get the conversion for my 1954 40 Plus Seagull.
Paul Revere

Default dingy question

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 11:16:15 -0800, Armond Perretta wrote
(in article ):

Thomas Wentworth wrote:
Just looked at a 32' old full keel boat. I really liked the boat, it
needs work but it is the usual paint, etc.

Then I got to thinking ???? Where would I put my dingy when I go off
cruising. I would think that it would be in the way on deck.

Many old boats are indeed dingy. A little paint and elbow grease does
wonders, but once you've finished fitting her out she won't any longer be
dingy, so you won't have to worry.

Now where to stow the dingHy is an entirely different issue.

Mr. Perretta,

A man asked for help.

You didn't have to, but you responded.

However, instead of offering a helpful response, you smugly mocked a spelling
error.

You could have responded to his question and then reminded him of the
accurate spelling of the word 'dinghy', if his common spelling error really
bothered you, but you chose not to.

You chose to respond to his post but chose NOT to be helpful.

You chose, instead, to be spiteful.

I can only speculate as to what emotional or psychological problems drive
someone to this type of behavior.

You have my sympathy, but I won't waste time reading anything else you post.

Larry

Don White wrote in news:mZOxf.154628$Ph4.4714258
@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca:

As long as you're not choking on the 10:1 gas/oil ratio.
Can't get the conversion for my 1954 40 Plus Seagull.

What conversion? Why do you think it's been running since 1954?

According to my calculations, by the way, if 2-stroke motors are so
dangerous to the lakes and have been running in them for about 100
years....The lakes should be about 3" deep in lube oil, by now.

Wonder what happened to all that oil??

Don White

Larry wrote:
Don White wrote in news:mZOxf.154628$Ph4.4714258
@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca:

As long as you're not choking on the 10:1 gas/oil ratio.
Can't get the conversion for my 1954 40 Plus Seagull.

What conversion? Why do you think it's been running since 1954?

According to my calculations, by the way, if 2-stroke motors are so
dangerous to the lakes and have been running in them for about 100
years....The lakes should be about 3" deep in lube oil, by now.

Wonder what happened to all that oil??

The models that came after mine could be retrofitted with a new
carburator part (jet??)that allowed you to use a 25:1 ratio.

Larry

Don White wrote in news:rb%xf.155035$Ph4.4723436
@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca:

The models that came after mine could be retrofitted with a new
carburator part (jet??)that allowed you to use a 25:1 ratio.

I've always been convinced the reason "they" want you to run so thin a
lube oil is to hit the target of the powerhead wearing out 3 days after
the end of the warranty period.

Case in point was a 1997 Sea Rayder F16XR2 jetboat I owned. After seeing
several recalls of the cheap plastic oil injection system that failed a
lot blowing powerheads for lack of oil, even at 50:1, I removed all that
and used 25:1 mixture for the rest of the time I owned it, long over 1000
hours. The present owner has another thousand hours on it mixing just
that way and the engine is still tight, starts instantly and turns as
many RPM as the day it was purchased. Unfortunately, for him, his
girlfriend, a beautiful Eurasian in her 20's now, would always ride with
me in it to the beach. He, stupidly, scared her and she doesn't like to
ride around with him in it, now....(c;

I don't believe you can overoil a 2-stroker. It's just a matter of what
you find the acceptable life of it to be. Since 1954 sounds like you'd
be better off not screwing around with a mixture that works great for 50
years!

Next question ;;;;;; is that your final answer ?? Thomas Wentworth Boat Building 6 December 23rd 05 09:10 PM
A question of concern Peter HK General 24 December 20th 05 07:15 AM
A question of concern Capt. JG ASA 0 December 17th 05 03:55 PM
Mercruiser outdrive question John Chaplain General 3 October 23rd 05 05:50 PM
Newbie Question: 40' Performance Cruiser question (including powerplant) charliekilo Cruising 19 October 19th 05 02:30 PM