Dene

Default Buying this cruiser tomorrow

http://tinyurl.com/72f63

Thinking of names....

"A fool and his money"

or

"Use to golf" (I'm giving up my golf membership to pay for it).

My wife loves it....big time Wow factor. Previous owner took immaculate
care of it. Well designed cabin. I can even walk in it, unlike most 25
footers.

Offering 20k tomorrow. Only needs GPS and bottom paint to be dialed in.
Light enough that my V-8 Explorer can haul it. Most of the time, it will be
moored at my friend's boathouse, in exchange for occasional use. (He's a
sailer-man).

Tell me what you think....before it's too late

-Greg

Jere Lull

In article ,
"Dene" dene@(nospam) ipns.com wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/72f63

Thinking of names....

"A fool and his money"

or

"Use to golf" (I'm giving up my golf membership to pay for it).

My wife loves it....big time Wow factor. Previous owner took immaculate
care of it. Well designed cabin. I can even walk in it, unlike most 25
footers.

Offering 20k tomorrow. Only needs GPS and bottom paint to be dialed in.
Light enough that my V-8 Explorer can haul it. Most of the time, it will be
moored at my friend's boathouse, in exchange for occasional use. (He's a
sailer-man).

Tell me what you think....before it's too late

-Greg

Danger, Danger, Danger!!! Serious boat-itis....

Make the sale contingent upon the survey results being satisfactory to
you! You'll need it for insurance anyway and it could help in the
negotiations.

If you start having *any* second thoughts, walk away. We did that a
bunch of times. I later discovered that each of those boats had major
and minor failings that we didn't see immediately. Xan, on the other
hand, looked pretty ugly at first, but we both kept wanting to revisit
her.

There are a lot of great boats out there, and more "almost great" ones
-- for you and your intended purposes.

--
Jere Lull
Dene

"Jere Lull" wrote in message

Danger, Danger, Danger!!! Serious boat-itis....

Been going on 6 weeks. We've looked at lottsa boats....been fun!

Make the sale contingent upon the survey results being satisfactory to
you! You'll need it for insurance anyway and it could help in the
negotiations.

Refundable without question. We're only doing a mechanical survey. The
hull is in terrific shape.

If you start having *any* second thoughts, walk away. We did that a
bunch of times. I later discovered that each of those boats had major
and minor failings that we didn't see immediately. Xan, on the other
hand, looked pretty ugly at first, but we both kept wanting to revisit
her.

No 2nd thoughts whatsoever. It felt right when we saw it and the next day.

There are a lot of great boats out there, and more "almost great" ones
-- for you and your intended purposes.

Agreed. Thanks for your comments.

-Greg

Carl

Hi Gregg,

Before you make the jump, take one last look for rotting wooden core
and corroding fuel tanks ( see examples of what you're looking for on
Dave Pascoe's excellent site http://www.yachtsurvey.com/ ). Either of
these can be a nightmare because you often have to rip the boat apart
to fix it. Almost anything else is reasonably fixable (and that's half
the fun!)

Carl

ladysailor

"Use to golf" is cute.

Last season we saw a power boat here in Puerto Vallarta named "Worried
Sick". I still can't imagine why someone would name a boat that.

Barb
www.sailinglinks.com

The Ninja

Here's some for ya:

Don't Panic - Written upside down for maximum effect.
Aquaholic
Suck my wake

Steve.

;-)

www.ninja69.info

"ladysailor" wrote in message
oups.com...
"Use to golf" is cute.

Last season we saw a power boat here in Puerto Vallarta named "Worried
Sick". I still can't imagine why someone would name a boat that.

Barb
www.sailinglinks.com

Jere Lull

In article ,
"Dene" dene@(nospam) ipns.com wrote:

We're only doing a mechanical survey. The hull is in terrific shape.

Get the hull surveyed. There are too many places for faults to hide that
a good surveyor at least know to look for. Then again, a surveyor friend
missed some, luckily, repairable faults in his own boat.

--
Jere Lull