Glenn Ashmore

Default Coasties get high marks

You guys may bitch and moan about Coast Guard boardings but during Katrina
when the s*#t hit the fan they were the only Federal organization that kept
theirs together. Kinda refreshing to know that one Federal organization
that we rely on believes on acting first and asking permission later.

I can say the same about NOAA. (That organization that Rick Santorum wants
to muzzle.) The Hurricane prediction Center tried for days to get the
political hacks that infested FEMA and DHLS off their collective posteriors.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

krj

Glenn Ashmore wrote:
You guys may bitch and moan about Coast Guard boardings but during Katrina
when the s*#t hit the fan they were the only Federal organization that kept
theirs together. Kinda refreshing to know that one Federal organization
that we rely on believes on acting first and asking permission later.

I can say the same about NOAA. (That organization that Rick Santorum wants
to muzzle.) The Hurricane prediction Center tried for days to get the
political hacks that infested FEMA and DHLS off their collective posteriors.

Don't forget that the NWS gave the Mayor of N.O. a 4 day heads up to
evacuate the city, which was ignored until only 24 hrs before it hit.
krj
FMac

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
You guys may bitch and moan about Coast Guard boardings but during Katrina
when the s*#t hit the fan they were the only Federal organization that

kept
theirs together. Kinda refreshing to know that one Federal organization
that we rely on believes on acting first and asking permission later.

I can say the same about NOAA. (That organization that Rick Santorum

wants
to muzzle.) The Hurricane prediction Center tried for days to get the
political hacks that infested FEMA and DHLS off their collective

posteriors.

Both the USCG and USN operate under the guidelines of "Command by Negation".
In other words, just press on until ordered to cease.