Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default is it true what They say about SailNet ?

I don't know whether the posting below from a user I don't know to
the Sailnet Lists (www.sailnet.com and
www.sailnet.com/resources/index.cfm) is correct - but, if it is or
becomes so, it may be of interest to readers/posters here in light of
how informative/helpful many users of those Lists find them to be:

=================

Subject: SailNet RIP [?]

Just a heads up to listers. There are many posts all over the email
lists and various sailing websites indicating that Sailnet is very
close to shutting down. It seems like far more than speculation, as
many posts tell of problems with orders, and the lack of response to
those problems. The answering machine is full, and emails go
unanswered. I had a problem with their online ordering a few days ago,
and finally got a salesman on the phone, after major efforts trying to
contact customer service with no success. When I told him that
Customer Service was ignoring me, he said it was because there was no
one there! They are running a 30% off fire sale on all inventory with
a no returns/no refunds policy. Many reports today indicate that the
remaining stock is pretty well picked through. There are lots of
complaints of wrong merchandise, or no merchandise arriving, and no
response from Sailnet to rectify anything. Not good.

The deposed founders of sailnet, The Boyles, now have a new website at

http://www.sailjazz.com

They have a complete roster of email groups just like Sailnet, that up
until now have been fairly idle. They have a Long Island group, just
like Sailnet. They also have virtually all the same lists as Sailnet.