Roger Long

Default Yet another stitch and glue dinghy

Probably the only reason the world needs yet another stitch and glue
dinghy design is the spacing of the Dorade vents on the boat we just
bought. Still, if your Agility / Displacement ratio has changed with
time, you might want to take a look at this design. The required width
at the stern has pushed the size up larger than I would like for
getting it on and off the deck but the nine footer has fair capacity
that we will appreciate when getting in and out of it.

If you are familiar with stitch and glue construction, everything you
need to build the boat is there. It has bow and stern flotation
compartments that could be stuffed with flares and survival gear on
offshore passages and it has a flat bottom and pram bow for easy
landing on beaches.

I only ask that, if anyone should build one, they let me know about
it.

http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/Dinghy.htm

--

Roger Long