marley

Default Thank you PEGGIE

Dear Ms. Hall,

I just wanted to take the time to say a big THANK YOU to you for your

I have lurked on this newsgroup on and off over quite a few years. On
one or two occasions I even posted questions related to head or plumbing
issues on board.

Your replies have always been helpful, informative, and well written. I
do know that you run a business venture in the marine sanitation
industry. But ONLY from your tag line, indicating that you sell your
book through a publisher. To my knowledge you have never engaged in
blatant self promotion on usenet even though it might be tempting to some.

You offer your expert opinions promptly, honestly, and without
expectation of renumeration. Furthermore the logic behind your responses
never misses it's mark. Kudos for freely giving us access to your wealth
of knowledge. I for one appreciate you GREATLY.

I've learned a great deal from your posts. Aside from technical matters
related to "do's and don'ts" of boat plumbing, one of the issues that
many boaters face is that of odours. Not just from obvious sources like
heads, but also from bilges, shower sumps, etc. Your advice has REALLY
been helpful in keeping those issues in check. Thanks to you, my boat
(which I live on) doesn't smell like a boat, not even on a hot humid day!

Anyway, for what it's worth, I wanted to express my sincere appreciation
for all of the help you have freely given us!

I appreciate your kindness.

Sincerely
Marley
Jim Carter

"marley" wrote in message
.. .
Dear Ms. Hall,

I just wanted to take the time to say a big THANK YOU to you for your

...................much deserved praise snipped...................
I appreciate your kindness.

Sincerely
Marley

Dear Peggie: I am in complete agreement with Marley. Your expertise has
certainly helped me and my boat.
I bought your book and I have recommended it to many others in my Marina.
Keep up the good work!

Fair Winds to you......

James D. Carter
"The Boat"
Bayfield

Hear Hear. Peggie has my complete respect. I alway enjoy her posts
and have learned a lot from her over the years.

Matt

PY26, 129, Mischief

Gordon

Ditto

So now its time to change my sewer hoses. Any particular brand or type
better than others for NOT getting saturated with odors?
Thanks
Gordon
"marley" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Roger Long

I second that. I particularly admire your grace in dealing with
creeps like the Capt. (Who I would bet a lot, isn't.). I've read the
book and it is a service to let us all know it is available in your
signature line.

I have particularly enjoyed learning such obscure facts as that this
boat has a legal head! (Or "tail" as the case may be

http://home.maine.rr.com/rlma/Dove.jpg

--

Roger Long

Capt. Neal®

"marley" wrote in message .. .
Dear Ms. Hall,

I just wanted to take the time to say a big THANK YOU to you for your

I have lurked on this snipped groveling

Oh, PLEASE!

CN
Peggie Hall

First, thank you all for your VERY kind words! They're VERY much
appreciated! I'm always glad to help out where I can.

Now to your question:

So now its time to change my sewer hoses. Any particular brand or type
better than others for NOT getting saturated with odors?

The most odor-resistant hose on the market, hands down, is AVS96, made
by Australian Global Services--"AussieGlobe" at
http://www.aussieglobe.com/avs96.htm

It's the same hose that was originally sold exclusively for several
years in the US by SeaLand under their private label brand name
"OdorSafe"...and has been proven in independent testing to be at least
16x more resistant to odor permeation than any other hose. Not long
after Dometic--an Italian mfr who specializes primarily in RV
equipment--acquired SeaLand from N.A. Taylor, SeaLand switched to an
Italian hose mfr. Is it as good as AVS96? All I know is that they now
only claim that their new "OdorSafePlus" hose is 20% more resistant to
odor permeation than most other hoses, are not promoting it at all...and
have begun recommending hard PVC for some installations, and now offer
fittings to connect hard pipe to hose.

Meanwhile, AussieGlobe http://www.aussieglobe.com/avs96.htm is now
selling their AVS96 hose direct here in the US--and for a LOT less than
SeaLand charged for it, or for their new OdorsafePlus...$5/ft, cut to
any length vs. nearly $9/ft for SeaLand in min. 50' coils.

I will warn you that the stuff is as stiff as an ironing board! Don't
heat it to bend it tighter than it wants to go willingly...that'll
damage it. Break it and insert inline radius fittings.

Peggie
----------
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://www.seaworthy.com/store/custo...0&cat=6&page=1

Capt. Neal®

"Gordon" wrote in message ...
Ditto

So now its time to change my sewer hoses. Any particular brand or type
better than others for NOT getting saturated with odors?
Thanks
Gordon

Typical ignorant rec.boats.cruising wannabe sailor.

Too dumb to change a hose without help. Too lazy to do his
own research on the Internet, a connection to which he
obviously has.

C'mon people, your mom never wean you off the bottle?

Ya gonna suck off Reggie's teat the rest of your lives?

CN
marley

Dave wrote:

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 09:35:34 -0400, marley said:

Dear Ms. Hall,

I just wanted to take the time to say a big THANK YOU to you for your

That oughta rub a little salt in Neal's wounds. g

Who cares?
He is clearly quite mentally ill.
Stupid too.

Wondering about Peggie Hall . . . Capt. Neal® Cruising 30 April 8th 05 07:40 PM
Odor in the area where the holding tank is - Peggie? Keith Cruising 1 October 11th 04 04:22 PM
Peggie Hall question Wayne.B General 14 March 24th 04 01:36 AM
Peggie, question Jim Cruising 38 February 18th 04 05:17 PM
Paging Peggie Hall Eric Cruising 4 December 22nd 03 02:30 AM